Hello from the Miserable Desert (AZ)

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from the Miserable Desert (AZ)

Postby DL3762 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:27 pm

I found this forum years ago when somebody linked it from a Reddit thread (they were building a canned ham foamie). My girlfriend at the time wanted a trailer, so I came here and started drawing up a teardrop for us to build. Neither the project nor the relationship went anywhere, so the topic disappeared for some time.

Sadly, after spending my childhood camping in a tent with the Scouts, or in the family tent trailer (fond memories of sleeping right next to the tracks at Tehachipi loop, back when they let you do that), medical issues have put an end to my days of being able to camp without access to full shower facilities, so I won't be camping in a trailer. However, my father and I are somewhat active in the riding-scale model railroading community, and we're currently looking into building a caboose for our train, as a shelter from the brutal Arizona sun.

Our inspiration is this build, featured in the Train Mountain 2018 Triennial video.

Aboose3.jpg
Aboose3.jpg (153.45 KiB) Viewed 1548 times

The plan is to copy the overall shape, without worrying too much about the little details. Seems like a perfect application for a foamie build.
DL3762
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from the Miserable Desert (AZ)

Postby Rainier70 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Welcome to TnTTT. That looks like a fun and unique build. I'm looking forward to it.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Arizona ALLUN » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:43 am

That looks like it will be a great looking design! I look forward to watching the build. I too am in the desert over in Chandler
Arizona ALLUN
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Miserable Desert? We love the desert. In Mesa.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves