Hello from Connecticut!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Connecticut!

Postby Squirrelzar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 am

Hell everybody!

My name is Mike and I'm a 25 year old Software Developer. I've recently become a husband to be and have been trying to do my due diligence in making sure the wife-to-be and I have plenty of opportunities to get out of the house and away from the office. Thankfully my Dad has instilled a love of camping in me from a time long before I can remember. Our primary destinations usually being Bluegrass festivals, with a few more solitary National Park trips in there as well.

I am so excited to have found his forum and community having always thought campers were out of reach and tents not nearly comfortable enough for bringing both the wife-to-be and the dog. But here I am now, with the bug having bitten, drawing up plan after plan of various ideas and trying to see what will stick.

We are going to be looking for something with more room than a teardrop as having a bathroom is very high on the list of requirements for us since we want to be able to camp off-grid and not worry about handling our business backpacking style and ideally some kind of convenient kitchen solution, though I have always done the classic camping grill on a folding table w/o issue. Plans are still coming together but I hope to update you all as I move closer to making some really shareable progress.

Can't wait to make more posts and meet some awesome people through this journey, thanks for taking the time to read!

-Mike
Squirrelzar
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Connecticut!

Postby WalkersDad » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:43 am

Hey Mike, I just joined as well. I’m in central Connecticut & looking to build a trailer as well.
WalkersDad
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves