Anyone for hire to build this? Unique situation

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Anyone for hire to build this? Unique situation

Postby theskyking123 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:54 am

This isn't your typical situation. I have mold sensitivity and would like someone to help me build a custom steel truck camper with foam walls and some kind of non metallic skin. I would like to be able to see some samples of materials. Does anyone have a shop and some labor I could pay for? I have no shop or tools. I don't have a money problem. I can pay generously for time / materials / etc. Another mold sufferer built himself a custom camper and it was life changing for him. I really want to do it but I dont have the space, skills or tools.

I'm willing to travel and stay at a hotel for a few weeks while we measure my truck and build something. Steel frame preferred.

If you are handy, have a shop, and have some materials I could check out, please let me know where you are located. Ideal locations are anywhere in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah.

I've burned through 3 conventional RV's in 3 years. They go moldy quickly. I need to build something custom, ideally something I can take apart and fix if mold grows.

If you can't physically help me I'm also open to any input and ideas.

Thanks for any and all responses!

Bryan
theskyking123
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Anyone for hire to build this? Unique situation

Postby edgeau » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Here in Australia we have community organizations called Men's Sheds. Primarily aimed at mental health but the method is providing workshop space where people can come together over a project. You might be able to find something similar in the US?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves