Newbie from Northern Virginia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Northern Virginia

Postby Tototoro12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Hello! I have been eyeing on building my own teardrop for over a year now but haven't started due to finances. I am looking at using the Wyoming Woody's design for my own version. One big question I have for people is how did they work on their teardrop without a garage? I have one, but the size of available space is not enough to house a 5x8 trailer since it's a one car garage that we use as our storage/home gym. The only solution I see would be to leave it outside and under a cover but I'm not sure how the moisture would affect it as it would probably be out there for a couple of weeks/months (depending on how fast I work). I could work on it during the fall when humidity is less of an issue. Any thoughts?
:thinking:
Tototoro12
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Northern Virginia

Postby tony.latham » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:17 pm

And hello back at ya!

I have built teardrops on rollers out in front of a single garage. I'd wheel the cabin out, work on it, and then scoot it back in.

(But I did have a shop full of tools in the other garage.)

They sell rag-top carports for a few hundred bucks and I've seen photos of builds under them.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: Newbie from Northern Virginia

Postby Tototoro12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

That is a plausible solution, since we do have a shed that can house the power tools. I guess we just need to clean out the garage to make room for the teardrop shell. That'll be fun. :roll:
Tototoro12
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves