Hello from SE WI

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from SE WI

Postby Wiscoarborist » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi....I've got a year - or at least 6 months - to order and build/fit the trailer I want. I currently have a 6X10 cargo trailer that I use every winter to haul my motorcycle and kayak (with outrigger and 2.5 horse outboard) to the FL Keys,. I sleep in the trailer but it's essentially a dark box. This year I figured on installing windows and an RV style door. I've got shelves inside already and use an inflatable mattress.

Once I looked into the cost and trouble of the windows I realized I'm better off buying new with windows factory installed. My current trailer is 20 years old. I will have 7X14 to play with.

Once I'm done surfing/searching here I'm sure I'll be asking questions. Thanks for the add.
Wiscoarborist
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from SE WI

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:14 pm

welcome to the forum. If your trailer is well kept up adding windows would be the next move but if you have not kept it up. a new one built from scratch would not be hard you could take parts from the old and add to the new. It will cost $> to have windows put in But if you have the money it would be a better answer. there are many people on this forum who you can ask the hows and where from. But if you build it your self you might miss out on a vacation in the trailer. Why Florida. I lived in Wis. years ago and every one talked about Florida. There are so many coastal states you might find another with a new zing. :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves