Well.. she is here but dang it!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Well.. she is here but dang it!

Postby Cikan Vuz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi there

Well, my trailer was delivered today and I have to say I am not too happy. He installed the side window, but he didnt install a new one like I paid for; instead he took one out of an existing trailer he had and re-installed it in mine and he put it in backwards too. (screen to the front, not rear, like I asked) AND the screen itself is messed up. The Roof vent is an hinky and flimsy, wiring not wrapped and hanging everywhere and it isnt even weatherproofed on the bottom. Just bare plywood..... so now I get to paint that while laying in the cold winter dirt. Inside was full of dirt and dog hair, he didnt even sweep or vacuum it and the inside wasnt even varnished.... and there is a screw end point coming in from the outside on the rear center... LOL (dremel will grind it down I guess...) I knew I had a lot of work to do to it but seeing that window full of holes in the framing and and the underside not even undercoated? And the red frame has dried on white paint overspray that he didnt even clean up.....(he told me he was painting the frame black for me...) unreal. Nope not getting my referral business for sure. :?

But I will be very busy now, that is for sure.

oh well... I was bored with life anyways LOL

Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Re: Well.. she is here but dang it!

Postby Cikan Vuz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:21 pm

(P.S. Is there a "Stay Away From" section anywhere here at tnttt's? ? ')
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 pm

Lol.... Rough crowd.
rough crowd
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Sparksalot » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am

Sounds like you had a guy doing this on the side?

I can’t tell from your pictures. Is this a shell you’re using as a blank canvas to start from? No galley?
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cikan Vuz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:29 pm

no rear galley and no, he has a business where he builds these from basic up to complete. I didnt know basis was so hafla$$'d basic LOL. I got the bed in today. tomorrow I start staining and sealing it all.

Image :D

I am also going to put in two 5 gallon water tanks fresh and grey for times when I need to be :"self-contained") and my goal zero set up inside to the right of the bed fame, along the front inner wall. It will have a sink, manual hand pump faucet, and a counter that runs from sidewall to sidewall.
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby tony.latham » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm

and my goal zero set up inside to the right of the bed frame...

It sounds like you are up and rolling. :thumbsup:

What does the guy charge for a camper like that?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Cikan Vuz wrote:no rear galley and no, he has a business where he builds these from basic up to complete. I didnt know basis was so hafla$$'d basic LOL. I got the bed in today. tomorrow I start staining and sealing it all.

Image :D

I am also going to put in two 5 gallon water tanks fresh and grey for times when I need to be :"self-contained") and my goal zero set up inside to the right of the bed fame, along the front inner wall. It will have a sink, manual hand pump faucet, and a counter that runs from sidewall to sidewall.

I add water tanks when I'm going to be off grid, otherwise a microwave sits in the same spot. I haven't felt the need for gray water holding, but also don't have a sink. Sounds like you have the basics ready to put together and get out there camping. We called it "campable" back before the rocks cooled here.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cikan Vuz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Cost-wise he says for the basic like what I got it supposed to be 3295 okay when I responded to his ad it was supposed to be 2995 but he bumped the price up on me and then he added extra cost for stuff that he didn't really do so end up giving the guy near four thousand bucks. As for my little 5-gallon water tanks I should make them 10 gallon but I'm not really going to be visiting like state parks and other parks that require you know 10 gallon fresh and grey water tanks what I'm going to be doing is the harvest hosts and boondockers group and they require that you have an installed grey water tank so I'm going to install a five gallon freshwater tank and a 5 gallon gray water tank doesn't mean I'm going to use them, just means I have them because it's required to be able to use that option when you're looking for a place to sleep at night. And I'm sixty years old I grew up cooking food on a stove on a flame in an oven barbecue but not in the microwave and I am not putting a the microwave in my teardrop, plus, my goal zero won't even run a small ice maker, doubt I could use a microwave unless on shore power, and then the weight issues too. Bit I am having fun with her, that is for sure.
Last edited by Cikan Vuz on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Graniterich » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 pm

I am sorry to hear about your issues, just make the best of it and have fun!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby Cikan Vuz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 pm

Graniterich wrote:I am sorry to hear about your issues, just make the best of it and have fun!

Yes, I am LOL My old body, not so much ha ha ha

I stained three walls today.... decided I went far too dark so I will be painting remaining wall a pretty and bright color as an accent wall.... I bought 5 gallons of a paint a few years back and I still have like 2 gallons of it so yes, it well be that color ( if you see the "Loo" picture, it is in the background....) and, my adopted son, who is a spray paint artist is going to paint me a nice feature on her outside. I finally got that dang power strip off which I couldn't figure out for hte life of me ( took two days) LOL.... dummy, push up, dont pull straight out LOL. But when I looked at my trailer it wasn't in yet and in my honest pinion, I have no clue why it was mounted where it was.... but I have relocated it, so good there and my dog claimed the area I was going to put my sink and water tanks at as her bed area... so water tanks will be on passenger side with fresh water before axle since it will be heavier that grey tank always. Unless I devise a plan to put them under the bed frame and have snk above the dogs sleeping area.... time will tell. it is a living work in progress ;) :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :twisted: :wine:
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 pm

stained areas and ceiling tins waiting install. have to finish painting accent wall, floor, and clear sealant first though before they go in.

Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:15 pm

So I'm wondering how hard it is to upgrade the wheel and tire size so in case I have to I can go faster than 55 though I was reading the manual in the manual says 45.... So I'm just curious what I need to do to be a little safer for myself and everybody else on the road. I appreciate any helpful input thank you kindly
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:37 pm

I am also curious where on facebook you all are now more active... Me Facebook, is a luv/hate relationship but I do understand it changed forums completely... so if there is a better way to now communicate when folks needs a quiker answer, that would eb cool to know. BUt, me changing the tires is months off and I need fender replacement options too... Just need to know in a few months but sooner than later so I can plan ahead would be awesome.

I did get her accent walls painted first coat today... ran out of masking tape... so tomorrow we begin again
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Cikan Vuz wrote:So I'm wondering how hard it is to upgrade the wheel and tire size so in case I have to I can go faster than 55 though I was reading the manual in the manual says 45.... So I'm just curious what I need to do to be a little safer for myself and everybody else on the road. I appreciate any helpful input thank you kindly

What is the current wheel/tire size you have? What manual are you referring to?

For upgrading, the answer is, it depends. How is the current axle mounted, what is the style of the new axle, among others.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:03 am

Cikan Vuz wrote:So I'm wondering how hard it is to upgrade the wheel and tire size so in case I have to I can go faster than 55 though I was reading the manual in the manual says 45.... So I'm just curious what I need to do to be a little safer for myself and everybody else on the road. I appreciate any helpful input thank you kindly
Looks like a harbor freight type trailer. I have used those for forty years. I know custom or more expensive trailers exist, and are better, but in my experience, after building twenty plus on that type of trailer it is lawyer bs. I have towed thousands of miles at 70 without any issues. I always check hub temperature at each stop. Not trying to start anything about hf type equipment, just personal experience

Graniterich
Donating Member

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves