Well.. she is here but dang it!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: Well.. she is here but dang it!

Postby Cikan Vuz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 am

Thanks Gren

I appreciate the info. And as for that post asking for the manual information I mean if you go to Harbor freight and you click on the trailer if you scroll down it gives you the instruction manual link. but I insisted on the hubs that have the grease fitting and I know that every 3000 Miles I need to repack them which means do to them now having a grease wedding I just have to give him grease every 3000 Miles I mean my first field goal was a 1960 type 1 ragtop and I could drop that engine and build it back up and put it back in my bug and be school next morning I know how to do maintenance and the lights but given I'm now 6 years old and disabled I don't like to if I don't have to you know what I'm saying. but I very much thank the input I really appreciate it and I'll just keep rolling on them you know but I don't want to break down in the middle of a back road in Kansas or the likes you know,
would you?
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:07 am

Sparksalot wrote:
Cikan Vuz wrote:So I'm wondering how hard it is to upgrade the wheel and tire size so in case I have to I can go faster than 55 though I was reading the manual in the manual says 45.... So I'm just curious what I need to do to be a little safer for myself and everybody else on the road. I appreciate any helpful input thank you kindly
well if she go to the harbor freight website for my trailer or any other Harbor freight trailer they post the manual and then they post the information about everything and everything you need to know about your trailer it's an amazing thing. at the manual says maximum speed is 45 miles per hour so builder told me 55 and I knew right away bs. but Emanuel doesn't tell you how to upgrade it so I was asking for people here who have knowledge of these trailers what I can upgrade my tires and to not necessarily changing the rims but changing the tires and probably the fenders to allow for bigger tires since the tires are like the size of a donut you buy at krispy Kreme. and I'm sure that everything's messed up on this post because I'm doing it on my phone and I'm having a hard time doing so because the screens like 2 inches tall so you know bear with me thank you

What is the current wheel/tire size you have? What manual are you referring to?

For upgrading, the answer is, it depends. How is the current axle mounted, what is the style of the new axle, among others.
Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cikan Vuz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Bed is in.... took more room that I anticipated due to seeing to scale on photoshop just not the same as in real life and bumping into those walls LOL But, I am happy. So is my dog Wiley. I could not do ceiling as I wanted as even though builder knew I was putting in faux tin he glued the vanity plate of the ceiling vent to the wood ceiling (what if I what to change it down the road.... LOL whatever, I have learned to laugh at that JA)... so I improvised since I couldn't install the main plate as it centers around the vent.... and work around it ... you can't just trim it to fit, I tried and no amount of caulking would have made it look right.... any ways, more pic to come soon

Cikan Vuz
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves