Hello from Wisconsin

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Wisconsin

Postby erfnie » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello all,
I've been lurking and learning for (I'm ashamed to admit) about 2 years. Hubby says that makes me a "two-bie", not a "newbie" :) You all have been a wealth of info and I thank you for that. I figured it was about time I started sharing our own first build and start uploading some photos. The build started in December but the planning has been ongoing for much longer. I've been taking many pics along the way and will get them uploaded a little at a time. I was just wondering tho...what's the difference between the "gallery" and a "build journal"? Aren't they kinda the same thing? And should I be uploading to one or the other, or both?

Erfnie (and Azua ;) )
Erfnie (and Azua ;) )
"A Little Tearapy"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72509
erfnie
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Postby rjgimp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Welcome to the nuthouse! Looks like we started lurking about the same time but I only did so for about half as long.
:lol:

You can just post to your gallery if you want and even make comments to which others can respond, but most people wouldn't find it unless they were actively looking through members' galleries. I don't believe many (if any) members search through galleries like that. I generally only look through a member's gallery if I am specifically looking for a picture or series of pictures I know of that they have referenced somewhere.
:thumbdown:

A build journal gives you the option of describing your progress/process as text only if you want and the thing shows up with a topic title in searches as well as on the "new posts" and "active topics" sections of the home page, as applicable. You can also attach a link to it to appear as part of your signature at the bottom of every post. I think this is the better option overall.
:thumbsup:
Last edited by rjgimp on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:35 pm

BTW, I just looked through (and greatly enjoyed) your gallery, but would have never known of its existence if not for seeing your post in the "unanswered posts" section on the home page which I regularly search.

:pictures: :applause:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby breb » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum and from a fellow Wisconsin builder, I agree with RJgimp's response , the gallery is a spot to load up your pic's ( show's up in your album) but the real back and forth , bang off some other followers will be better in the Build Journal Section . You can upload your pics or just text or both , up to you. A lot of members follow the current builds and there can be some good feed back or questions asked by you the builder. I personally am just about finished with my build and through the Build journal I connected with another Wisconsin builder in the build section who is still finishing his retro Kenskill. Good Luck with your build!

breb
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves