Hello from BC

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from BC

Postby epic_username » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi there, Im David and Im from British Columbia.

My fiance and I currently have a 1982 Starcraft 1506 tent trailer. We paid $150 for it 3 years ago, repaired some of the more concerning wood rot, and have made new canvas ourselves. We got 3 good seasons of camping out if this thing, and it owes us nothing. It still has alot of wood rot, mostly in the floor which is a total tear down. My fiance also does not like how "unstable" it feels, we even looked at a new tent trailer and she still didnt like the feeling much. Im also not a fan of having to dry the thing out if it rains.

We had found a little guy 6 wide sport (with the toy hauler bit on the front) and were ready to buy that day, but it also had ALOT of wood rot for the price the seller was asking, and didnt end up making a deal (thankfully). So pretty much, we've decided to build a teardrop on our starcraft frame.

We have a rough plan in mind. Pretty much, we are going to model it similar to the basic shape of a sunray 109e, but squared off. The toyhauler has alot of functionality for us so I will be welding and extending the starcraft frame. My dad has a bunch of aluminum RV siding from an 18 foot prowler he dismantled, so we were planning to skin our teardrop with that. I have already purchased 2 teardrop doors, they were damaged or factory seconds or something, so they were a very fair price.

Thats all Ive gotten so far, the starcraft isnt even dismantled yet. But I was pretty sure Id need some advice along they way, so I thought I would join up :)

Cheers, David

rsz_starcraft.jpg
rsz_starcraft.jpg (95.65 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
epic_username
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from BC

Postby pchast » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Welcome David! :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Howdy neighbor :thumbsup:

-Greg in Victoria
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:20 am

Where are you?
Brian & Sandi
Westbank B.C.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766