Newbie from Ontario, Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Ontario, Canada

Postby Moose Mathews » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Greetings from Brantford, Ontario, Canada. The wife and I really enjoy getting outdoors hiking, camping and doing photography. Currently we are hammock campers, tents only when we have to. I am getting older and am disabled so I don't get around as well as I used to. So looking into making camp life a little easier for both of us we looked into tiny trailers and decided that the DIY route is the way we want to go. Part of the reason was a financial reason (on a disability pension), but there were so many varieties, styles, options with tiny trailers that we couldn't decide on one. So DIY would let us take what we like and try to make something that is ours and shows off our personalities. Being on a pension i am on a pretty tight budget to make this 4 season TD I put out a request for a inexpensive or maybe even free 4x8 - 5x10 trailer on Facebook. A friend of ours just happened to have a 4x8 utility trailer for a couple hundred bucks. It needs lights and wiring, some tlc like some rust removal and some paint. Its a great base for us to start on. This forum has some amazing trailers on it and a lot of great builders. I think with all the tips, plans, and advice here and on YouTube, we are going to have an awesome trailer that will be with us for a long time and be on some kick ass traveling. I look forward to getting started on our tiny trailer here in the next couple of weeks. I will be posting photos and videos as I go along. Hope to get to know some of you as well... Camp On!
:thumbsup:
"Keep close to Nature's heart... break clear away once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." John Muir
Moose Mathews
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Ontario, Canada

Postby twisted lines » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Moose Mathews wrote:(Greetings; photography)
:thumbsup:

:pictures: We like picture's!
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves