Thinking of a standy in NW FL

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Thinking of a standy in NW FL

Postby cluttonfred » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi, all.

I have joined because I am thinking of tackling a project for a small standy trailer to do double duty as a vacation camper and a teenager’s (or Dad’s) at-home retreat. I have never build a trailer but I have made a few small plywood boats and am active in homebuilt aircraft though I have not built a plane myself.

I was able to track down Widget and Wanderer plans and have checked out the Squidget site. I am leaning toward a Wanderer 10 but would welcome feedback on any of these designs or suggestions of others. My criteria are: 6’ or more standing headroom somewhere, tiny galley, room to sleep at least two, dinette for at least two, enclosed space for a portable toilet. That’s a lot in 10’, I know, but that’s the theory.

Cheers all during these crazy times,

Matthew
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

« Voici ce que j'ai fait...vous pouvez en faire autant! » "This is what I have done...you can do the same!"
--Henri Mignet (1893-1965)
cluttonfred
Teardrop Builder

Re: Thinking of a standy in NW FL

Postby Aguyfromohio » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Welcome!
Wooden boat experience and home built aircraft knowledge? Cant wait to see your results.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Re: Thinking of a standy in NW FL

Postby cluttonfred » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Don't get your hopes too high, the boats were quite a few years ago! Here are a couple of pics going back about 20 years, though a did a couple of others as well.

Most wooden aircraft, while requiring careful work, are actually very simple woodworking, mostly sticks and gussets and sheets of plywood and I have only helped out a little on other people's projects.
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

« Voici ce que j'ai fait...vous pouvez en faire autant! » "This is what I have done...you can do the same!"
--Henri Mignet (1893-1965)
cluttonfred
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves