Greetings from Southern Washington

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Southern Washington

Postby Air_N_Water2000 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for sometime now as I'm trying to prepare to build a teardrop. My basic thoughts are to build a woody that is 5 x 10. I've almost got my plans pulled together and getting ready to buy the steel for the frame. My tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Ranger and our intended use of the teardrop is for semi-use while traveling around the US after my wife and I (fully) retire. Our "primary" overnight stay will mainly be hotels, but want the ability to stop wherever and be able to sleep comfortably (no tent cabin). We also want to be able to stop along the way for lunch relaxation without always having to do something like fast food.

So far, I've found a lot of good info and tweaked plans based upon a lot of info I've already found on the forum.
Air_N_Water2000
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings from Southern Washington

Postby Graniterich » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Welcome, where abouts, I am in Goldendale wa, right above the gorge.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:50 pm

My basic thoughts are to build a woody that is 5 x 10. I've almost got my plans pulled together...

Helllloooo....

Maybe this will help:

:beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Air_N_Water2000 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:20 am

Graniterich wrote:Welcome, where abouts, I am in Goldendale wa, right above the gorge.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

I am in Battle Ground, WA (just north of Vancouver,WA). We moved up here about 3 years ago from Oregon. :beer:
Air_N_Water2000
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Air_N_Water2000 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Greetings Tony,

I like your design and final Teardrop. It is very similar to what I was envisioning. I know there are a couple of things I can change, like going to a single layer of plywood for the floor rather then 2 layers. But I think the shape is what I'm after. Still need to do a balance on it to verify axle location and trying to work out details of the electrical system. I'm hoping to start purchasing the steel for the frame next month and get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
John
Attachments
Teardrop Design.jpg
Teardrop Design.jpg (92.74 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
Air_N_Water2000
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves