Hello from Vicki

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Vicki

Postby Vicker » Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 pm

Thank you for allowing me to join you so that I can make my own tears :cry: in the next few weeks. I've been non-stop reading. Lookin', lookin', lookin'. The search button and I are on first name basis! Something tells me I'm about to break all the rules of building a camper. I'll start off by putting my build on the bed frame of a 1970 Chevy Luv truck. I know, I know, it has a curve and extra weight and, and, and... I'm also going to do some sort of hybred (Urban dictionary says that means of superior breeding) plywood skeleton infilled with insulation, covered by some fancy locally grown and milled walnut trees, roof covered with PMF (good or bad who really knows, I can't decide but don't want metal on the roof). I'm also going to have two doors, I can't climb over my granddaughter in the middle of the night, and I don't think I have enough skills to keep that galley door from leaking so I'll put a lift up door on the back and make two swing out cabinets one on each side and stand between the two when I cook. I'm the person who built the kitchen in the grainbin that you see floating around facebook. I'm very familiar with doing stuff that everyone thinks you can't do. And frankly I don't care if anyone likes it but me. I do however want to be able to draw on ya'lls experience to make this build water proof. I went through a tornado in a tent once and my tent was still standing at the end, but I was wet from top to bottom and my two little kids had to sleep in a wet sleeping bag for the next week. I'm building this because I only have a granddaughter and she wants to travel all summer long and I don't want to sleep in a tent for 3 months. We've named her "Liath Luachra" the name of a great warrior woman with a fierce spirit and the steadfast heart. I'm looking forward to hearing your kind words of encouragement while knowing full well you are cussing under your breath at me for the craziness you are about to see.

Vicki
(from Illinois)

PS. Soon as the trailer is back from the welders I shall begin. Oh by the way I'm also building a 3 car garage in my spare time so I have a place to put this beast when I'm done.
Who needs skills when you have an imagination?
Vicker
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Vicki

Postby rjgimp » Tue May 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Vicker wrote: I'm about to break all the rules...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rules, schmules... We don't need no stinking rules! :twisted:

Welcome to the asylum! Carry on.

Oh... don't forget, we like lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 pm

We've named her "Liath Luachra" the name of a great warrior woman with a fierce spirit and the steadfast heart.

Hi, and welcome! :)

You named the trailer or the granddaughter Liath Luachra? ...Or both? (TeeHee! It seems like it might fit both.)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby pchast » Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Sounds like a fine idea and
a great summer trip for the two of you. :thumbsup: :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby breb » Sun May 10, 2020 9:13 pm

Welcome to the forum . You have me curious with your choice of walnut . Being a wood worker or I should say I like to work with wood , walnut is always a favorite . In a small space it could be a little dark for a small area so windows and or additional lights might be the ticket. Now from my side a three car garage project would be a huge plus and hope to start on that in the future. My teardrop for the most part is finished as of last fall and only some small tweaking taking place. I haven't even tested it on a road trip. So good luck with your build and hope your able to grab the help and or info you need from this forum.
breb
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves