Hello from the Tacoma Wa area

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from the Tacoma Wa area

Postby emmustwheel » Wed May 06, 2020 10:27 am

Hello and thank you for letting me in! This place has been a wonderful source for information and ideas. I am in the process of building a Toy hauler/cargo trailer conversion.

I am starting with a 24 ft +3 ft V nose trailer and a no longer good camper for parts. Currently I have pulled most of the appliances out of the camper and will start to dispose of it to clear up some room in my yard.

At the same time I also picked up the trailer. Its a 2017 cargo trailer that actually will fit my 4runner inside the back door, and will also fit 4 sleds, which makes for the difficult part. The back 21 feet of the trailer more or less needs to stay open to fit toys. This has left me with a small( well to me) area in the front. I figure its about the size of a small standie or close to it.

As of now I am starting to fix issues with the trailer and do a simple layout in the front for the fridge, furnace, water heater, stove/oven, sink and shower. The bed will be a simple fold down in the back that will be accessible when the toys are either moved back or outside. Next step is to add some reinforcement to the roof and walls before I start to cut holes in things. Plan is to install the propane fridge and all the other appliances and make it a comfy place to camp year around.

I am horrible with taking pictures.......I will have to see what I can do.

Thank you!

Eric
emmustwheel
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves