Camp Shower

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Camp Shower

Postby Velpew » Sun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm

This summer we will be using HipCamp instead of state parks for all of our camping. It seems that toilets are usually available, but rarely showers. It would be nice to just rinse off and so we are going to buy a solar shower and some sort of mat to stand on. Anybody have any ideas?
Velpew
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Camp Shower

Postby tony.latham » Sun May 31, 2020 8:25 pm

I don't know what HipCamp is but this is our shower:

It's a metal 2.5 gallon weed sprayer made by Hudson and rigged with a longer hose and garden nozzle. We generally have to dump a pot of hot water in it.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Velpew » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:48 am

What a great idea. Even has a pump and so doesn't need to be hung from anything like those bags. Heat some water fill -er up and go. I'm convinced. Thanks!!
Velpew
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RJ Howell » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:38 am

Several different ways to go. The pump shower is about as simple & basic as it gets. Another does a cycling water shower with a DC pump. That ones sounds cool, but gets a bit more involved, like collecting, filtering and pumping water. I lean a bit towards the PVC tube mounted on the side of the trailer. Sun warms the water or at least it's air temp. Gravity feed or as some do, pressurize the tube. Pressurizing seems a bit more involved, but I do carry a small compressor anyway for my tires, seems doable. I also like the fact of another supply of water for just washing. 4" pipe about 1/2 gallon (about 4lbs) per foot or 6" pipe at about 1 gallon (about 8lbs) per foot.

I received a DC pump for Christmas and will find a way to use it, but really looking at a PVC tube style source of hot (warm) water.
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tyrtill » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:01 pm

If you're patient and its warm out the sun will heat up that black pump pretty well.
Tyrtill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ArtMini » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:20 am

tony.latham wrote:I don't know what HipCamp is but this is our shower:

It's a metal 2.5 gallon weed sprayer made by Hudson and rigged with a longer hose and garden nozzle. We generally have to dump a pot of hot water in it.

Tony

Genius, what a simple but great idea. Attach a shower head to the side of the trailer and plug the canister to it.
HAVE FUN STORMING THE CASTLE!!!!
ArtMini
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves