And here we go in FL

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

And here we go in FL

Postby Fatch » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:27 am

Hey everyone, Jon here. Been wanting and planning to build a teardrop for, oh, years now. I finally have the space to do it now! I tend to be one of those people who "over-plans" and gets all messed up and never actually starts a project... Not this time boyos!

Installed a 2 inch ecohitch receiver on my Prius a couple weeks ago, and after realizing used or manufactured trailers are overpriced as heck in my area, ordered the Northern Tool 5x8 aluminum kit and some extra gear (with that sweet $100 gift card rebate - keycode 271762 if anyone else needs to jump on it, likely ends at the end of June 2020).

We'll be doing a build video/thread eventually once the trailer arrives (currently backordered), so feel free to keep up with us as we go along. Still not sure if it'll be fully wood sided, wood framed with poor man's fiberglass, wood frame with heat-molded plastic, wood frame with some other more bizarre material... Pretty much the only definite is that it'll be a wood frame because I don't weld.

Anyways, wish me luck :D
Fatch
Teardrop Inspector

Re: And here we go in FL

Postby tony.latham » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am

I tend to be one of those people who "over-plans"...

I think detailed planning is a good thing.

And helllllloooo!

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves