Loft teardrop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Loft teardrop

Postby djigour » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi, I'm excited to join the forum. Unfortunately, I joined after I had already built a camper (with lots of trial and error). It still turned out good and has served us well for a year now. My camper is designed with a lifting roof to create a loft bed for my kids. I did a timelapse video of the construction which is posted here if you would like to check it out (https://youtu.be/S02r3BEQhtY). I have a more detailed video coming soon.
djigour
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Loft teardrop

Postby rjgimp » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:33 am

Well done. Are there turnbuckles on those cables and were they left in place and enclosed in the walls? Interesting concept.

Cute kids! I miss those days.

Welcome to the nuthouse!

8)
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Re: Loft teardrop

Postby djigour » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Yes, there are turnbuckles holding the cables tight and the cables are mostly enclosed within the walls. In the exterior kitchen and in the loft, there is only a single layer wall with no insulation, so the cables can be accessed from there. The cables have worked great. The frame has been solid with no movement after a year and road trip from California to Washington state.
djigour
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves