Hello from Vancouver Washinton

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Vancouver Washinton

Postby alannjenn » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:42 pm

Hello All
Great to find this forum - so many helpful people and a wealth of knowledge and detail all in one place!
We are both working professionals here in the Vancouver Wa./ Portland Or. metro area and are both in the construction field, I'm a architect and construction executive and Jenn is an Associate Director for an owners construction representative firm. We are avid golfers and enjoy gardening together in our yard. Jenn is a "closet" dress maker and "adult-beverage" mixologist and I enjoy working in my wood shop turning pens on the mini lathe and building furniture. With current events affecting lives, we figure the design and build of a teardrop this fall and winter will keep us occupied since we've watched nearly every series on cable TV:shock:

I've been reading the forum extensively, especially the Atma Travelear build thread! We've begun the journey of building our own teardrop for quick getaways and weekend golf outings today by ordering a 2000lb 58" flexride axle de-rated to 1750lbs with 10 degree down slope and 7" electric brakes from Southwest Steel in Texas. Now onto ordering more parts and pieces from etrailer and amazon!

Ultimately we will design and build the "H-Drop Travelear" with an an adult beverage bar in galley or have some pieces of nice yard art by next spring. Our design will be based on the classic, timeless art deco design of Dave McCamant's Atma Travelear:) :applause: We've met with Brian at Aero Teardrop in Portland and he has agreed to be a resource as well as sell us many materials for our build.

Cheers and we looking forward to learning and contributing!
Alan & Jenn
alannjenn
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Vancouver Washinton

Postby pchast » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Hello from Vancouver Washinton

Postby timhill28 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Great to have you here, Alan! Looking forward seeing some of your works and designs.
timhill28
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves