New New Englander

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New New Englander

Postby kfh227 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:45 am

Thanks for letting me join!

I'm a 44 year old guy that gets the itch to build something every few years. Then somehow learned about teardrop trailers and now I want to kinda learn how to make them and do a build. I guess if the cost is to high to build my own I will just buy a pre built.

I like the idea of building my own because I can go ... well I want a queen sized mattress (coincidentally I really need a new one in my master so I kinda have one that is ready for a trailer ;-)

Mostly, I'm concerned with how to finish the exterior and how to make it waterproof.

I know I want electric baseboard heating and an AC unit integrated. I want to take this thing to Vermont when it's 0 degrees outside. I might be able to forgoe the AC unit.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading and learning.

My only real question is, is there some sort of newbie guide? Or a build thread that is highly detailed somewhere?
kfh227
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New New Englander

Postby tony.latham » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:53 am

Helloooooo!

Or a build thread that is highly detailed somewhere?

There are lots of unique photo-rich build posts here. Take a look under the heading of Build Journals --assuming you are using a browser and not Tapatalk on your phone.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:54 am

Welcome aboard!

Mr Latham here is being incredibly humble. He happens to be the author of that book that appears in his profile image. It is a great instruction manual for building a teardrop camper from scratch. It is widely available online and I presume in your local bookstore.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby kfh227 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:42 pm

rjgimp wrote:Welcome aboard!

Mr Latham here is being incredibly humble. He happens to be the author of that book that appears in his profile image. It is a great instruction manual for building a teardrop camper from scratch. It is widely available online and I presume in your local bookstore.

Book is a fair price especially for 200 pages so I ordered it. Can't hurt given the total cost of building one.

Oh, anyone do moon roofs in a teardrop? I realized that would be a killer feature!

OK, how do you get a queen sized bed into one of these? It looks like it is geometrically impossible.
kfh227
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves