Hello, I joined years ago

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello, I joined years ago

Postby walt b » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Hello, I joined years ago but life and health in family and self changed and did not get to build a TD. I am back to learn more about TDs so I can build one. I am rebuilding my 1940 Chevrolet Coupe Streetrod that I have been driving since 1976. I will be thru with it hopefully in a few months. Then I want to build a TD this winter so can use to go to car shows and camping in the spring. Thanks , Walt B
walt b
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello, I joined years ago

Postby JasenC » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 pm

Welcome Walt.

Are you thinking of a retro TD to compliment the rod, matching wheels and all that?
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Re: Hello, I joined years ago

Postby walt b » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 pm

Thank you.
Yes, I am. I will keep my chrome reverse wheels on car and use same on TD. I have RA and the smooth wheels with caps make cleaning easier when I go to rod run or car show whichever phrase you want to use. I have been going to outdoor gatherings since 1976 with it. At 76 yr old, this is my third and last rebuild when I get thru painting. It hasn't been painted since 1986. TD will be painted same color. Not completely sure of final shape size yet but will be earlier style more or less.

I am thinking 4x8 at this time but may change. I want the tracking to be about the same as my car. I'll have to get the measurements for both a 4' and a 5 ' wide to see how it measures to my car.
I have 15" wheels on car but am finding it difficult to find 15" tires now. I may have to change size and will use same on TD.

With the 40 Chev having rounded fat fenders, I would like to find the ones I have seen on other TD that were fat rounded look.
walt b
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves