New old guy saying hello

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New old guy saying hello

Postby Toplessartist » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:37 pm

box boat 2.jpg
box boat 2.jpg (296.53 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Hi Folks! Toplessartist here.

I'm not much of a computer fan but when I have an interest I guess I move out of my comfort zone to keep informed. I am an artist by profession, as well as an architectural design and engineering junkie. In the past I have turned a few vehicles and trailers into functional works of art, enjoyed them for a bit, got bored, sold them, and then regretted it so much I had to do another one! I came here seeking therapy from like-minded geniuses and non-geniuses alike! haha

Right now in my driveway is a gifted-to-me 6 x 11 V nose cargo, with a ramp, and she is undergoing some wonderful cosmetic surgery. I will be posting interior pics as I collect them. I love constructive feedback and never turn down in idea that furthers my endeavors!

I would also like to offer up ideas and solutions to build problems which others may have, help solve space and design issues if needed, as well as do quick sketches to help with your layouts. No, no fee, just the satisfaction that someone out there more successfully completes their build. So if you have a design issue or are drawing a blank, I would love to help you find a solution. G'head, give me a try.

The enclosed pics are of the new entry to my "Box Boat" (this build was supposed to be a boat but the trailer is taking up all the extra room in the driveway, so maybe a boat in the Spring). The door is one of my handprinted pieces, with the inside of the door showing a duck in flight. The inset area on the right has a padded bench seat and has a cozy recessed feeling that would be a great place to relax and drink coffee and watch the waves, and of course under the bench to the side by the entry door is the dog door :D The outdoor bench my wife is sitting on will actually be attached to the ramp where it is shown, and when the ramp is up that seat fits neatly within the depression area of the entry area above the bench! The umbrella slides into the top and bottom of the bench extensions.

I will be stalking the site and checking out all the great ideas and builds. For now, I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Holiday Season. Cheers!
box boat 3.jpg
box boat 3.jpg (169.25 KiB) Viewed 315 times
box boat 2.jpg
box boat 2.jpg (296.53 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New old guy saying hello

Postby Toplessartist » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:42 pm

The description says "handprinted" but is supposed to say "hand painted"...
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Toplessartist » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:38 pm

And here are a few more pics of the inside, so far. I intend to put solar and the associated battery/inverter system in place this Spring, as well as the water system. To some this should have been done closer to first on the list, but I am a "simplifier" in that regard. I like my systems accessible immediately without having to remove built in structures or cut through panels, etc., so I run my systems last and route things in a practical and hopefully clever way. Often they are in plain view, but their availability to repair or re-route or upgrade is more than worth the visual... besides, if you are creative you can hide a lot of stuff in plane sight.

If you are questioning the bed size, yes, it is small, but the floor has enough space for a big air mattress and there will also be a hammock hook on the outside. The wife fits very well on the bed as is so my big butt gets the floor. I designed for my purpose and practicality, and I find this to be an awesome set up for my needs. The kitchen counter with the backsplash and the inset sink is also where the stove will set unless I'm grilling outdoors. The triangular counter and shelf by the back door is my drawing area, and perfect size for my drawing board. The part of the build that was important to me was to have as much free area as possible and the room between the front door and the kitchen counter, plus the angled entry from the back door, equates to enough space to swing a cat!
Attachments
BB drawing area.jpg
BB drawing area.jpg (101.76 KiB) Viewed 275 times
BB kitchen counter.jpg
BB kitchen counter.jpg (109.09 KiB) Viewed 275 times
BB looking in 2.jpg
BB looking in 2.jpg (101.51 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Toplessartist » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:40 pm

A couple more...
Attachments
BB bed n front door.jpg
BB bed n front door.jpg (69.4 KiB) Viewed 275 times
BB back door inside.jpg
BB back door inside.jpg (70.94 KiB) Viewed 275 times
BB sink.jpg
BB sink.jpg (100.76 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Modstock » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 am

Nice trailer ya got there.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Toplessartist » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:46 am

Thank you, Modstock. It's a bit different than when I got it!
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves