Hello! Have some questions!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello! Have some questions!

Postby sethneal » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:30 am

I'm new to this forum. Was directed here from Reddit. Asked a question in the Construction page and my question and account got deleted. Are there specific rules to the types of questions you can ask? I'm just looking to connect with people who have more experience than me who might be able to help. Thanks.
sethneal
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello! Have some questions!

Postby tony.latham » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:34 am

Asked a question in the Construction page and...

Banning happens when a post is spam or insulting.

What was your question?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby sethneal » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:34 am

Well, I asked for ideas on how to duplicate a certain feature of a production RV trailer I found. I did link to the trailer so people could see what I was referring to. Maybe that was it? But I honestly don't know how else I would have asked.
sethneal
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:13 am

sethneal wrote:Well, I asked for ideas on how to duplicate a certain feature of a production RV trailer I found. I did link to the trailer so people could see what I was referring to. Maybe that was it? But I honestly don't know how else I would have asked.

From my understanding, that's within the rules of the forum. It's okay to link to a site about trailers, especially if asking about them.

I'm quick to report spam, but I don't remember reporting a post like that. Usually the spam is obviously linking to totally unrelated sites, perhaps with some gratuitous comments that don't really amount to anything (looking like something AI generated) to try and mislead folks into thinking it isn't spam. Or, lately, the gratuitous comment comes first, and the spammer edits to add the link later, after everyone has seen the post. I've read that they are really trying to scam the person who pays for the link to be posted that way, since an old post is less likely to be reported and removed.

Anyway, sorry if it was my fault! :oops: Of course, we can report suspected spam, and then a moderator decides and has power to remove, etc.

I suggest you go on, and ask the question with the link.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:07 pm

That was me :( We had a particularly bad run on spam, bots, ai that day. In the end nobody was safe :lol:
Sorry.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby GPW » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:43 am

Paul, we've been relying on the indicated spam posts ( marked ) , There have been a lot of late . :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:06 am

GPW wrote:Paul, we've been relying on the indicated spam posts ( marked ) , There have been a lot of late . :o

Yup, just removed two more, nobody had seen them. Must be the hours I keep :FNP

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby rjgimp » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:55 pm

PaulC wrote:That was me :( We had a particularly bad run on spam, bots, ai that day. In the end nobody was safe :lol:
Sorry.
Cheers

Some months ago there was some interest in adding a few admins/mods. A few of us volunteered and I haven’t seen a peep about it since. More hands would sure seem logical to me.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves