Newbie Here

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie Here

Postby cdnred » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:36 am

Hello from Ontario, Canada. I'm a 72 year old senior looking to get into cargo trailer conversions. I think I've found the site that has lots of ideas on that. I've owned a pop-up, A-Frame, Hybrid, TT and now looking at building out a cargo trailer that would suit my needs. I loved the A-Frame for the economy of towing but I couldn't access it until it was fully setup. The pop-up had a similar issue as the A-Frame. I liked the feel of the Hybrid and TT for the convenience of pulling over anywhere and being able to go inside for a coffee or read. The issue with the Hybrid and TT was the drain on fuel economy. At today's gas prices makes it expensive to haul long distance. That's why I feel a cargo conversion will be great for economy when towing, pull over anywhere for easy access and built to suit my needs. I don't need a full bathroom with shower, a simple cassette porta potty would suit my needs..

I'd like to get a cargo trailer that's streamlined for my SUV. Height wise it doesn't need to be stand up height, in the 4 ft height range would suffice. I'm inclined to go with a 5 x 8 or 10 (most common size and affordable) and they're usually in a 5 ft height range which would suit me better..

The first and biggest issue I can see is with converting it over to have a RV style man door. What's the easiest and most afforable approach to that..? Wiring and installing the interior, I'm handy enough that I can do that simply by myself..

Any thoughts or ideas..?
cdnred
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves