Hello from South Carolina

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from South Carolina

Postby Hubert » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Hubert from Columbia, South Carolina. I just bought Tony's book and I'm thinking about building a teardrop. There is a lot of information on this site, thank you to everybody who has contributed here. After reading the book and a bunch of posts here, I think I have a pretty good idea what's involved in building a teardrop, but I'm still trying to figure out if it's really something I want to get into...

Cheers,

Hubert.
Hubert
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Postby BLTillson » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 pm

Welcome to the form. I have found the process to be more difficult that I expected. I had woodworking skills but lacked a working understanding of DC electrical systems. This has been a challenge that I was able to overcome. The number of skills and disciplines you need to understand can make it a journey. I now know how to weld. 8)

If you are one who loves to learn, create and build you should be fine. The amount of support I have received from this form has been a game changer. The Teardrop community is a treasure.

Happy trails. :thumbsup:
~BLT~

Δοξάστε τον Θεό από τον οποίο πηγάζουν όλες οι ευλογίεςt
BLTillson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tony.latham » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:31 am

but I'm still trying to figure out if it's really something I want to get into...

Well, holler when you have questions. The coffee's always on here.

:thumbs-up:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Hubert » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:21 pm

BLTillson wrote:Welcome to the form. I have found the process to be more difficult that I expected. I had woodworking skills but lacked a working understanding of DC electrical systems. This has been a challenge that I was able to overcome. The number of skills and disciplines you need to understand can make it a journey. I now know how to weld. 8)

If you are one who loves to learn, create and build you should be fine. The amount of support I have received from this form has been a game changer. The Teardrop community is a treasure.

Happy trails. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I have read through a few of the build threads here and learned a lot, seems like there is always someone here to suggest a solution when somebody gets stuck with a problem on their build. The forum is an awesome resource, but I feel like I'm getting sucked down the rabbit hole...
Hubert
Teardrop Builder

Postby Hubert » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:22 pm

tony.latham wrote:Well, holler when you have questions. The coffee's always on here.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
Hubert
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves