New user. Teardrop curious

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New user. Teardrop curious

Postby Supergrump » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:55 pm

Hello from Vancouver(ish), Canada
I’m getting to the age where RV camping is becoming more appealing but I absolutely hate the idea of owning, using, maintaining, and storing an RV or full size trailer. I didnt even know teardrops existed until YouTube randomly suggested a teardrop walkthrough video by “Playing with Sticks” and now I am obsessed. If I can get executive approval, and if I can figure out the logistics of the build I’ll probably start building my own over the winter. My 2-car garage is filled with a woodworking workshop, bikes, home brewing equipment and my wife’s teaching materials so building indoors isn’t an option. My 2-car driveway is on a slope so that my pose an issue during the build, plus we get constant rain and periodic snowfall over the winter. If I can get over these hurdles I’m good to go. With no end in sight, 90% of my headspace has been dedicated to teardrops and (potential) teardrop building over the past 2 weeks and my productivity is suffering. The resolution to this is obvious.
Supergrump
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New user. Teardrop curious

Postby Pmullen503 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm

If you haven't already camped in one, rent or borrow a TD to try it out.

Hopefully, you'll get a better idea of what you really need. You can spend a lot of time and money on certain things that may end up being less important than you think. You may find things that are absolutely essential for what you want to do.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:40 pm

...90% of my headspace has been dedicated to teardrops and (potential) teardrop building over the past 2 weeks and my productivity is suffering. The resolution to this is obvious.

Well, you're done then. Or done with a normal life. :lol: Welcome to the clubhouse.

:thumbs-up:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Supergrump » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:29 pm

Thanks Tony. I'm enjoying your book.
Supergrump
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:47 pm

Welcome! The weather sounds like you might be somewhere near Jefferson State. If so, there is an awesome gathering near Eureka CA this coming weekend that you might try visiting. There will be roughly (best guess) 48-50 teardrops and tiny trailers gathering then, with many of them home built. Check the Jefferson State section for more details. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:07 pm

Supergrump wrote:Thanks Tony. I'm enjoying your book.

Holler when you have questions about it.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Bruce R Leech » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum i am also fairly new here I am in the middle of a teardrop build a 5x10 tony Latham's book is a great resource you might check that out my bill is following what she has in his book Almost exactly and his instructions are great. I kind of think you're going to want to move that build indoors in the garage for the winter though familiar with your area. You got way too much rain. I pushed all my beer making supplies outside for my bild hold up there i can get it indoors
Bruce R Leech
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nevadatear » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:38 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Welcome! The weather sounds like you might be somewhere near Jefferson State. If so, there is an awesome gathering near Eureka CA this coming weekend that you might try visiting. There will be roughly (best guess) 48-50 teardrops and tiny trailers gathering then, with many of them home built. Check the Jefferson State section for more details. :thumbsup:

Actually, current # is in the range of 32, but I echo Sharon’s thought. Come visit!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Bezoar » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:26 am

Welcome - sounds like you have caught the bug too! :R
Bezoar
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves