Hey, I'm Devin from Illinois

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hey, I'm Devin from Illinois

Postby Nitromen23 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:46 am

Hi,

My friend put the idea in my head of building a teardrop trailer about a year ago and it's been stewing my head this whole time, after camping in a tiny cabin this year instead of a tent for the first time I've decided I want to pull the trigger and get building. My hobbies are pretty much wood working and working on my trucks, professionally I fix houses so none of the process should be that hard for me to grasp. My friend want's to build a teardrop that is lightweight and very aerodynamic to pull behind his 1970 Buick Riviera, whereas I drive a 2009 Ram 1500 or a 1999 Chevy S10 so I'd like to size it to pull behind the S10 since anything else I have will pull it no problem.

I've been reading into the forums here and I'm very excited to pick some people's brains for knowledge! I like the idea of joining in on a gathering and getting to talk to people face to face and learning how to get started.

a little about me...

I am 22 and I live in central Illinois, If you've been illinois long enough you'll end up with a strong desire to be anywhere else and I love traveling and camping. I went on a four wheeling trip with my family in 2014 and loved it. when 2018 rolled around a buddy and I went four wheeling in Wisconsin and tent camped, we got rained out which is just one more reason that a camper appeals to me, ever since then we've gone camping atleast once a year and on an atv/camping trip every other year, we've slowly been increasing the number of trips per year, I've been on four trips this year so far, Just got back from my most recent one in eastern TN last night :)

I have been working on houses for as long as i can remember, in 2019 when i turned 18 i started my own repair/remodeling company and have been self employed since, in the year before that i worked at U-Haul and one of my favorite tasks was running all around the state moving trucks and trailers around. I have been really into woodworking and I've got a wood shop and my goal is to try and see if i can turn that into a sustainable business. Aside from that I've been into working on trucks/cars for years as well. I have my 2009 Ram, and my 1999 S10 that i drive the most. I have a 1987 K-5 Blazer parked in my garage I am going to be trying to restore, to me a small camper towed behind my blazer is the ultimate camping setup but it will be a long time before i get to that point.
Nitromen23
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hey, I'm Devin from Illinois

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:44 am

Welcome from a former Illinoisian. You'll find lots of help here.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:55 am

Nitromen23 wrote:Hi,
a little about me...

I am 22 and I live in central Illinois, If you've been illinois long enough you'll end up with a strong desire to be anywhere else and I love traveling and camping.

LOL! I was stationed at Scott AFB for four years, and know what you mean! The folks are great, but the scenery...

Best of luck! You clearly have the skills so building a teardrop will be no problem. Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:39 pm

Hey, welcome aboard!

The coffee is always on.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member