Shower Drain

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Shower Drain

Postby jwh92020 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Shower drain question - we are going with a porta potty so the only drain we need is for the shower & sink. We are not using holding tanks, so the drain will go from the trailer to the cg sewer hook up. I know that a lot of folks use 3/4" garden hose but I've heard it is a really slow drain. Anyone using something besides the garden hose? Suggestions and pics will be appreciated.
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Re: Shower Drain

Postby CoventryKid » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:57 pm

My original idea was to drain our sink into a 5 gal water container under the sink and dump it as needed. As we got further into our travels I realized that it would be better to have a "proper" sewer connection that would allow me to connect a sewer hose, etc. to a park's facilities and not upset anyone with a "makeshift" arrangement.

I added a couple of slide valves under the sink so I could drain the water either into the original 5 gal tank, or right out the sewer hose (through a p-trap) depending which slide valve was open.

This has worked well, especially when we've been at a full hookup park - our CT looks like any other travel trailer.

You could do something similar and drain the shower water into the 3" sewer pipe same as the sink. You'll see in the pictures that I also put a "drain" for the portapotty in the bathroom so I could dump the potty without having to go outside. This has been really handy, especially at parks where they seem to hide the sewer drain in the bushes.

Pictures are in my build link below. Hope this helps.
Doug
Vancouver Island, BC

GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE hightop conversion van
NEO NAVR 7x16 V-nose aluminum trailer now a comfortable travel trailer

Build: http://www.tusker-international.com/1-trlr-build.html
CoventryKid
Teardrop Master

Postby jwh92020 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:34 am

Kid - Very nice build. I'm going to transition both drains into a 3" sewer drain. I like your idea of the porta potty drain. I may take a serious look at that as well.
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Postby jwhite » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:51 pm

I did the same thing with my portable toilet it's makes all the difference in the world 863448634186343

I normally boondock so I let my water drain on the ground if I am parked where I can't I use one of these oil pans to catch the water

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/81/77/39/01/0081773901018_500X500.jpg
jwhite
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions