7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Postby hankaye » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 am

flboy, Howdy;

:D , :applause: , :applause: , :thumbsup: , :thumbsup: !!!

hank

Thought you said eye candy ... :o , oh, you meant the bikes :lol: .
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Mmm Mmmm, Oh yeah. That is some sweeeet, sweet eye candy right there. It just a "Bagger Nation" these days. I remember when I got the '99 Chief I pulled off all the bags (leather) and I just loved the look of the huge stretched out fenders and the solo seat, but it wasn't really useable except as a bar hopper. Then I got the Street Glide and my friends called it a "Geezer Glide". So I just put them in my rearveiw mirror and watched 'em get smaller and smaller and disappear.
Now you can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a bagger! Funny how everything old is new again.
Lovin' the wall hanger, you got a great eye for dressing that trailer up.
Here is a shot of some custom paint on a real dirty bike in a real dirty shop. Hope it's not too dirty for public viewing... ;) . 151474

Your friend,
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 am

Not a bagger, but it was a good thing the Mrs. was with me else I may have rode this home.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Oh yeah, that's all bagger 100%. It's the front fairing and dash that I'm most impressed with. Indian has surely come a long way in a short time since the Polaris takeover. Really makes the choice between Harley and Indian a tough one. Probably best to have one of each... :D :D
just sayin'...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes, I suppose it is. I was thinking of the modified braggers with the large front tires and sweeping bags in the back. Yes, I sat on some Street Glides as well as the Indian Roadmasters. It would be a tough call. Good thing about the Harley's is you know they will be around a while and the accessories are everywhere... But the Indians sure are impressive.

A few pics of the setup in the Racetrac Campground. We had a great weekend... Just a sea of bikes and stuff to do. Good fun!

ImageImageImageImage
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

flboy, Howdy;

Nice pix, :)

You sure have a lot of excess space at your campsite, compared
to your neighbor. How many tours did ya give?

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am

Is that campground inside the track at Daytona? Very cool!

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:55 pm

hankaye wrote:flboy, Howdy;

Nice pix, :)

You sure have a lot of excess space at your campsite, compared
to your neighbor. How many tours did ya give?

hank

Hi Hank. I took the pic Sunday and folks had already departed.It was a full house earlier. The double decker lift trailer and Bus next to me was my older brother. He's a bit of an over achiever and never does anything small. We had a great time. Did see some nice bikes and some fancy body paint. :shock: Funny, my wife was telling me to look away a few times.. some was okay, but there was some you just can't "unsee". I will have nightmares for years. :-) :lol: :lol: I hope these ladies don't have kids that will now have to go into hiding.

Just one person wanted to check out my rig. So many "buses" there and folks were really more interested in the bikes.

The CTC was very comfortable for the Mrs. and I and did the job it was designed for. I am really happy with it. It can fit in with the big rigs and off the grid too. Tommy and I will be heading off grid to ONF in 3 weeks. I'll take that over Daytona most days. That is where I am more at home. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 pm

McDave wrote:Is that campground inside the track at Daytona? Very cool!

McDave

Hi McDave.. no, it is not the infield inside the track. It is just outside turn 3 across the access road from the track. You can see all the stands, lights, and etc.. We are going to book up for Bike Week in April unless the Devil's Creek Dual Sport ride I have been doing every year for the last 10 conflicts.

We really did have a good weekend. My wife has now taken to the back seat on the cruiser and is very encouraging about riding street now. It took me 34 years to get her to this point. Better late than never. She doesn't care much about dirt biking... but also doesn't put up much resistance to me taking off on dirt biking/camping trips.

It is really a good day when you are checking out bikes, sitting on them and etc. and the wife says "hey... can I get on?" just wanting to see how comfortable the back seat is.... No questions about displacement... just seat placement. Got to love it! She has no desire whatsoever about riding herself... just going along for the ride... She is kinda of liking the "fashion" now too ( I bought her a few accessories) .. and she doesn't hit me when I call her my "hog momma" (even though I ride a Victory Motorcycle)... Gonna keep her. :thumbsup: All is well.

btw... nice airbrush on the MC tank. I like it! Is that on your Harley or your old Indian? Either way.. nice. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 am

Yep, that's on the Chief. Previous owner had that done, I don't know the story. I have had it 16yrs and it only has 17,8xx miles. Replaced a starter and several batteries and tires and a speedo cable but that's all. The Harley, well that's a different story. It eats rear tires about 3000-3500 miles and there is always something trying to fall off. Lots of maintenance and anything Harley is not cheap. But I really love to ride it. The Screamin' Eagle engine is just incredibly powerful and it just shakes everything in the neighborhood.
My wife didn't care about riding much till I was at a bike show long ago and I saw a buckskin leather jacket with the long fringe across the back and down the arms that was just her size. The guy who made it said he had it for a few years cause it was so small, like child size. Nobody wanted to spend that kind of cash on a coat that the kid would soon grow out of.
I made him an offer and I knew (hoped) it would fit, and was just exactly perfect! She looks so hot in it and people always make a big deal out of it, so she stared liking the bike a lot more. Then she met the other bikers and really fit right in so things changed. But she definitely has better Harley gear than I do. I might get a hat or a shirt, she gets wool coats, leather coats, pajamas, sunglasses, scarfs, jeans, boots, jewellery, many fashion hats and purses. But hey, if she likes it, cool with me. What do you get a girl who has everything? After 23 birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas', St. Valentines etc. ya kinda run out of ideas.
I'm glad your ol' lady is getting into it. You'll meet all kinds of fun couples and do some poker runs and such and have reasons to get away together. "Senior" bikers are really great folks and know how to have fun. With your trailer the sky is the limit. Time for the grown ups to have some fun. Enjoy it. And who knows, another bike with a better rear seat may be in your future... ;)
just sayin'...

McDave

PS. It doesn't matter what you ride, just that you ride. Ride what you love. (Except a Vespa)
McDave
Donating Member

Postby johnny_swindle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Is it possible to get a copy of the powerpoint if you still have it laying around? If so email it to johnny (dot)swindle @ gmail (dot)com

thanks...

flboy wrote:Here's a schematic of my Electrical System I will be installing. Sorry it is not a better schematic. I had to draw with Powerpoint. This is very similar to my last build: The Automatic transfer switch will cutover automatically from the invert-er output to the generator or line in if it senses power available.

The batteries charge in sunlight and will also charge automatically if plugged in to shore or a generator. The fridge runs of 110VAC from either the solar/inverter or shore power/generator. In any case.. it will run 24/7 off the batteries and leave plenty of capacity even if only on solar.

johnny_swindle
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 pm

johnny_swindle wrote:Is it possible to get a copy of the powerpoint if you still have it laying around? If so email it to johnny (dot)swindle @ gmail (dot)com

thanks...

flboy wrote:Here's a schematic of my Electrical System I will be installing. Sorry it is not a better schematic. I had to draw with Powerpoint. This is very similar to my last build: The Automatic transfer switch will cutover automatically from the invert-er output to the generator or line in if it senses power available.

The batteries charge in sunlight and will also charge automatically if plugged in to shore or a generator. The fridge runs of 110VAC from either the solar/inverter or shore power/generator. In any case.. it will run 24/7 off the batteries and leave plenty of capacity even if only on solar.

Sure.. I will send it. I am out of town on business right now and it is on my home PC. I will send it this weekend when I return.

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby johnny_swindle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks!!

flboy wrote:
johnny_swindle wrote:Is it possible to get a copy of the powerpoint if you still have it laying around? If so email it to johnny (dot)swindle @ gmail (dot)com

thanks...

Sure.. I will send it. I am out of town on business right now and it is on my home PC. I will send it this weekend when I return.

johnny_swindle
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Johnny, just sent the diagram via e-mail. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Got the axle flip done. Made about a 3 to 4 inch difference as expected. Now I can fill the fender gap up with some larger diameter tires and next higher load range to give me plenty of margin.

No worries on stuff dragging going in and out of parking lots or small dips in unimproved/bad forest roads. Now I will also have room for the drop down RV step. I like it. Now I just jave to adjust my WD Hitch for the new height.

Before

After

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions