Hey SoCal peeps!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Hey SoCal peeps!

Postby Kixwy2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Small plug for an RV shop I went through the other day - Walt's RV Surplus in Rialto. http://waltsrvsurplus.com/ It's a big garage sale of RV supplies, and the prices are more than reasonable. I wanted to mention them especially for folks looking for doors and windows... they sell the windows at $2/inch, long side. So a 12x24 window would be $48.

Also, lots of trim pieces, hardware clips and fasteners, sinks, fans, wheel hubs, axles, rv locks, cushions... pretty much anything you could ever need for a conversion or repair.

When I say garage sale style I mean it. This is not a showroom shiny overinflated price store. It's in an industrial park and things are very loosely grouped together according to type. Be prepared to walk through a mountain of goodies on a concrete floor, true warehouse style. The guys are friendly and speak "Cash."

Wanted to pass this along because I found it extremely helpful in planning my cargo conversion, and will definitely be back to buy when I get my trailer. It gave me a ton of ideas and options for my build.
Kixwy2
Teardrop Advisor

Been there done that!

Postby eamarquardt » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Guy (teardrops for vets), a friend, and I went there a while back. Yer right, it's not a glamourous operation but they have a lotta stuff and the prices are fair.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions