Gadget Mans Adventure Trailer Photos

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Gadget Mans Adventure Trailer Photos

Postby pete42 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 am

I know you won't but I for one will hate the day you finish your trailer I have taken many ideas from you to use if and when I every get a trailer.

When I first saw your trailer with the front storage door I wondered what it would be used for, well now I know.

It and another builders side door high up on the road side which opens up and allows her airconditioner to slide out are two ideas I really like

keep building and I'll keep stealing......huh I mean I'll keep borrowing from you. :thumbsup:

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gadget Man » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Lance:
At first I didn't understand what you were getting at in your comment ? But then I figured out that If I use the stronger 3 peg hooks, like maybe 3-4 inch I could double or triple my storage capacity.
The hooks I have now, were just some cheapo-ones that I had laying around. The heaviest thing on that rack are the trailer safety chains, and they will be on the front when I heading down the road.

Gadget Man
My kids may be smarter than me,
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby BC_Explorer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Gadgetman:

Great work as always on your trailer! If I ever decide to go to a bigger trailer, your designs will certainly give me a lot ideas to think about.
BC_Explorer
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

OK Guys, Now I don't want anyone to think lesser of me, or think I "Sold Out to the Man"... :lol:
But... I went out and bought some fold up Jack Knife sofas instead of building my Murphy Beds as I've been saying all long.

I needed to get going on something soon as Summer is fast approaching here and I have nothing to sit or sleep on. I was still planing on building one Murphy Bed for the left side and buying a fold up Jack Knife sofa/bed for the right side.
Almost every Jack Knife sofa I looked at were over 40 inches wide (I only have 80 inches in trailer width) so I knew I could never have two beds folded down and have room to stand up and walk between. Then I found a super deal on (2) matching Jack Knife sofas on E-Bay last week. They were listed as being only 38 inches wide, so I figured that would be perfect, so I bought them both.
Here are a few shots of our great adventure to the Fed Ex freight Terminal to pick them up tonight. I saved almost half by picking them up at the Terminal, it was super easy, and fairly quick.

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby pappaw » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am

Looking good GM.

BTW, thanks for posting all your updates and pictures, it really helps me.

I took you advise and looked on evilbay for the items you purchased and couldn't find anything close. Could you look and give me the name of the manufacturer of your 12 breaker box?

Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Jeff

I'm sure you can find the power converter, I just checked E-Bay and found everything.
Go to E-Bay Motors. then click on Parts and Accessories, then scroll down to RV's and Camper parts click on "Interior" parts, then type in "Power Converter" and the WFCO 35 amp power converter will pop right up.
Try this link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WFCO-35-amp-POW ... ailer_Camp

Then type in water tank and the water tanks will all pop-up.
Or check this link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10-Gallon-R ... _500wt_719

And here is the battery box.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Interior-VEN ... _929wt_702

Check them out, They are all the same items I bought, but I think everything went up a little bit since I bought my parts 6 months ago. :x

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby pete42 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:13 am

you didn't sell out what you did do was use your head solved a lot of problems and they look great.
what more could anyone want?

Pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby pappaw » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks GM, sorry you had to take the time to hand feed me, wonder why that didn't show up for me, oh well. :?
Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 pm

I saw a picture somewhere of someone who used these Sunroof Visors to go over a 30 inch window on the side of a cargo trailer.
Then I found them for sale on E-Bay, so I ordered a set, the Seller gave me a break on shipping when I bought two.
But today when they arrived, they are not as they were pictured on E-Bay, the ones I received have this crazy indentation in the center.
I'm not sure I like them, You can see from the pictures. I'd prefer the ones that are even all the way across.

I have sent the seller a note to see if I was sent the wrong ones or if this is the actual item. if it is, I'm going to return them.
Last edited by Gadget Man on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby BC_Explorer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 pm

You are right GMan. Those visors do not look all that good with the indentation in them. Hopefully the Ebay seller has the correct visors and that you can exchange without problems.
BC_Explorer
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 pm

I unwrapped the Jack Knife sofas a bit more tonight so I could start measuring them and making plans for the install.
Turns out they are a bit wider than the seller originally claimed. With the wall mount they are almost 39 inches wide. I only have 80 inches
of total inside width.
My wife had an idea to place them exactly straight across from each other so when opened, they will form one huge bed. We would then sleep sideways across the trailer. It's an interesting thought, and haven't ruled it out yet.
But my original thoughts were to have room in the back left side to build a small stand-up wall cabinet. It will only be 7 inches thick, about the same width as the sofa when folded up against the wall.
The pic below is my idea taped out on the floor. the room in the back corner will be the closet.

But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Worked on the Jack knife sofa mounts today.
Here are a few pictures of what I came up with.

I have to do a little "fine tuning " and stain and mount it next.

Here are a few pictures of a stand-up wall cabinet that I built for the back left side of the trailer. The spare tire will go on the bottom, then a few bottles.
The top section will have 2 sliding doors.

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby BC_Explorer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 pm

As always GMan, your craftsmanship is impeccable. I really like those jack knife sofas and now wish my trailer was wider...
BC_Explorer
Teardrop Master

Postby Gadget Man » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Tonight my wife had to work, so I was able to play outside.
The stain and poly were dry so I installed the rear cabinet in the trailer this evening.
The top has sliding doors to hide 2 shelf's. the center will hold a few bottles. and the bottom will fit the spare tire.
The tire is a little wider than the oak sides, so once the tire is bolted to the wall, I'll have to sew a vinyl cover to hide it.

The doors were some pre-stained 1/4 inch wainscoting I found at my local Menards store, so I thought I could save some time and use that for my cabinet doors. it looked pretty close to the golden oak stain I've been using all throughout the trailer. But after getting them installed I don't think I like the color. For about $10.00 I can go back and get the un-stained wainscoting and then sand and stain that so it will be a perfect match to everything else.
What do you think about the sliding door color?

Here are a few shots of the before and after...

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby Trainman45 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi Gadget Man,
The doors look lighter in one pic and ok in the other pics. Amazing build you have going, you are very talented. I have been watching since the start.
On another note, we would go up to my Grandpa's cabin from Minneapolis, on Blue Lake near Zimmerman, and we ran up to Elk River a few times when I was a kid. Thanks for stopping by the Colorado 6 X 12. !! Keep up the great work.
Ride the Rails,
Trainman
Trainman45
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions