tarp channel ??

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Rope and Pole Awnings for T&TTT

Postby Kristi Foster » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 am

You can purchase 5/16" awning welt that will slide into the 3/8" channel or you can purchase 5/16" three ply twisted cord and cover it with the edge of the fabric. Awning rail, as suggested, can be purchased for about $1.00 per foot at your local RV dealership to avoid paying shipping.I have been working on another teardrop awning idea to use up some of my smaller pieces of Sunbrella. I hope to have it ready by the Georgia Rally.
http://www.vintageawnings.blogspot.com
ebay power seller: dlf1954
See pictures of my Vintage Trailer Awnings in my personal gallery.ImageImage
Kristi Foster
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:51 pm

GregB wrote:Image

Not trying to be alarmist here, but I think that orange spare is just a little too big to safely use on your trailer.

If it was a spare I would probably agree but it's only a life ring from a ship that my buddy game me recently. I am an avid scuba diver and the trailer is appropriately named the "Topside Inn" as I use it for lodging around the Great Lakes on dive trips. I simply felt it made a nice addition to my nautical theme and never intended to use it in a flat tire situation.

Until NOW! :thinking:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions