Looks good to me, Good job :thumbsup:
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby Jeffmo63 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Here is the completed installation.
Jeffmo63
Donating Member

Postby Jeffmo63 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 am

8ball_99 wrote:If your worried about the missing piece affecting the structural integrity just weld a piece of flat bar on the other side of the cut.. Just cut the flat bar longer then the missing piece.. Doesn't have to be much longer just 2-3" top and bottom. So that one section would be like C channel instead of Z. When I cut out for my hotwater heater I ended having to weld in a frame for it. I just did short welds and made sure it didnt' get to hot.. Didn't hurt the skin at all. You will need to remove the screws in the skin where the window goes anyway when your making your cut so you could always just shim the skin out away from the stud a little if your worried about the heat..

Cutting its not bad.. But I'll admit taking that large drill bit and popping that first hole in your trailer is a bit nerve racking.. That hole measure twice and cut once thing. I was more like measure 5 times stand back eyeball it then measure again. HaHa. One trick that might help. I took a small drill bit like 1/8". From the inside of the trailer I drilled right beside one stud and drilled another hole where I wanted the top of the window. I then took my template outside lined it up with the holes and ran a couple of screws in the holes. The holes makes sure your window is at the right height inside but also between the studs, While the screws hold the template in place so it doesn't move while you mark the hole.. Hope that makes since!

I borrowed parts of your procedure for marking my window opening. It is under the Build Journals/Pace American 6 x 12. Thanks again 8 ball. You've been a big help.
Jeffmo63
Donating Member

Re: Window selection and installation in Pace American 6 x 1

Postby sunseeker » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Most if not all RV windows are made to mount flush with a 2 inch space between outer wall and inner wall of camper What are some ideas out there for taking up the gap between window and trim rim in a ct when most of the space is only 1 to 1 1/2 inches between outer skin and metal framing studs
sunseeker
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions