folding bunk beds

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: folding bunk beds

Postby 8ball_99 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 am

I had a set in my 6x14 toy hauler.. They were a little different then standard bunks since there was a bed on each wall. If you can weld making a couple frames and hinging them to the wall is pretty easy. I just used 1" tubing then a piece of 3/8" plywood.
8ball_99
500 Club

Re: folding bunk beds

Postby NO David! » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:55 pm

@ pwo
If I understood your reply correctly, I should offer that the 4 bunks are assigned to our teenagers, (although I find the bunks fairly comfortable). Me and my darlin' wife opted for a Serta Clik Clak (futon-style) sofa. It's lightweight and fits neatly across the width of the trailer and provides seating when not in use that has turned out to be really handy. Sleeps much better than a futon as well. I was going to build a full size folding bed and attach it to a wall, but when the $ 60.00 off coupon came in at the local Big Lots store, lazy me pulled the trigger. In our trailer, when folded out for sleeping it intrudes into the side door space about halfway, but there is still plenty of room to get in/out of the RV door.

Look in the front of the trailer behind the bike rack in this picture, it's covered with a blanket, sorry I don't have a better picture. Not sure if they are in stores now, got ours November? 2011. Serta Monte Carlo? model I think.
NO David!
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions