IDEAS Link!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

IDEAS Link!

Postby billpool » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:31 am

Hello All,

I've been checking here once or twice a week on this topic and have enjoyed the ideas and suggestions.

Here's on for you: http://home.comcast.net/~ssauer40/cargo ... omate.html

Interesting?

bill
:thumbsup:
bill
USMC RET, LMSC RET
billpool
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:25 am

Bill, while that is a neat trailer, keep in mind the name and purpose of this board...Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers of which that unit falls into neither category...it does however, have some good ideas that would be adaptable to our use....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby billpool » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:00 am

Bill, while that is a neat trailer, keep in mind the name and purpose of this board...Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers of which that unit falls into neither category...it does however, have some good ideas that would be adaptable to our use....
madjack

Jack, glad you were able to find some redeeming qualities in the article.

What part of Cargo Trailer Conversions did the article miss (other than size) and he did show him pulling with his Toyota PU... ;)

take Care
bill
bill
USMC RET, LMSC RET
billpool
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 am

...size and size alone...it is more akin to a "small" as opposed to "tiny" travel trailer...dual axles and all...like you said "interesting" but a little outside of our normal coverage...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:32 am

I dunno 16X7 is out of our small category. We usually talk about trailers in the 8-12ft range, 14ft is big.

However for manufactured towables, 16ft is still considered small. Look at the Casitas (13-17ft) and Bambis (original ones were 16ft) they are considered small trailers.

Lots of good ideas for folks converting cargo trailers though. Good find. :thumbsup:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Geron » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:21 am

That is one more huge dude. (comparatively speaking) Don't believe my Nissan 2.4l would pull it -- at least not very far. Maybe to the first hill :lol: :lol:

Nissy's got almost 200K on her and is still on the original Clutch :shock: :shock:

g
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm

It's a home-built motor coach, less engine!
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby brian_bp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:12 pm

Anything as large as that Cargomate doesn't look "tiny" to me. The web site dedicated to all brands of trailers like the Scamp and Casita (FiberglassRV) calls them "lightweight", and I think only the very smallest of the travel trailers they feature could possibly be considered "tiny"... but language is so inexact!

It is possible to build a "tiny" travel trailer from a cargo unit, since they are also available in sizes more like a typical teardrop, four to six feet wide. I assume that is intended to be the focus of this sub-forum.
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MikeDrz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:21 am

mine ( not here yet ) is a 5x10 v-nose.

brian_bp wrote:Anything as large as that Cargomate doesn't look "tiny" to me. The web site dedicated to all brands of trailers like the Scamp and Casita (FiberglassRV) calls them "lightweight", and I think only the very smallest of the travel trailers they feature could possibly be considered "tiny"... but language is so inexact!

It is possible to build a "tiny" travel trailer from a cargo unit, since they are also available in sizes more like a typical teardrop, four to six feet wide. I assume that is intended to be the focus of this sub-forum.
Michael Drzewiecki
--------------------------------------------------------
Teardrop Dreamer - Cargo Converter

Click here to check out Cargo Conversions...its hip to be Square!!!

:)
MikeDrz
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions