New guy and new trailer

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

New guy and new trailer

Postby Grim » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Somebody posted up a link to the site concerning the tear drops and found it interesting.

I want to build a tear drop but I also wanted to get cargo use as well. Sure I could have left the Kitchen out but then its just a big open box with rounded ends that cut into cargo room.

This is actually my second multi use cargo trailer. My first started out as a 5x 8 tilt trailer that evolved into a 5x8 enclosed cargo using a Camper shell as a roof. Its ugly but it did the job....well until I sold the V8 Truck that predominately pulled it. I had a frame where I just tossed the mattress off one of the kids trundle beds. My buddies all snickered when I first pulled up with it on the maiden voyage.

I deployed canopy that attach to a cross bar on roof. Then it started raining and they were all under my canopy cooking dinner on my stove and grill. Then the rain went to torrential down pour with the field we were in flooding. Then it turned to snow LOL. I woke up nice and dry after a nice restful sleep on a real mattress. They woke up freezing and wet. I balled up my canopy closed the door and was gone in 20 minutes. they spent 2 hours wring water out of all their gear then went home and had to drag it all out to try.

Right now its a 5x8 storage shed with wheels as it packed full of the interior of our 59 Airstream we are doing a frame off restoration on.

So here is a link to the new more compact and light Cargo sleeper I am building.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1708
Last edited by Grim on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey Grim,

welcome to the forum...

It looks like you are on a roll, and you're no stranger to sleeping high and dry. Keep us in the pics as you develop your new camper.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kankujoe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:01 am

Grim,

Welcome to the forum...

There are thousands of ideas & hundreds of helpful people on this forum.
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby Kankujoe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:10 am

Grim,

Thanks for posting the link to the other forum.... more cool stuff for my Jeep!
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:30 am

Really? Only hundreds? :cry:

Kankujoe wrote:Grim,

Welcome to the forum...

There are thousands of ideas & hundreds of helpful people on this forum.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions