5x8 Pace Cargo Conversion -- new pictures

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

5x8 Pace Cargo Conversion -- new pictures

Postby Salivanto » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:42 pm

Here are the pictures I promised. I finally got them converted to a CD so I could upload them.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here, but it doesn't seem to be making me smile.

This one shows the profile nicely. I think it looks pretty cool with the camp-inn style door.
If the tent looks kind of saggy, it's because the fly was defective. It goes up better with the new fly. I just had to convince the cashier at the sporting goods store that "fly" and "zipper" are not the same thing on a tent just because they are on a pair of jeans.

Now I'll just have to do the other door and then get the inside looking as cool as the outside and then I'll be done. :lol:
Amike salutas,
Thomas ALEXANDER
www.NightinGael.Net
Salivanto
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kankujoe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:28 am

Thomas,

The side door & window look great. What's next for your trailer?
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:21 am

...hey Thomas...that's pretty darn cool :thumbsup: ......................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Salivanto » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:28 am

Kankujoe wrote:The side door & window look great. What's next for your trailer?

Thanks. The existing side door needs some final touches, and then I want to put another window in the same side. I haven't worked out what kind of window yet. I might decide it doesn't need it, but I think it does.

Next, I want to insulate that wall and put the luan back up inside.

Then it's the same thing to the other side - door, window, second window, insulation.

I plan on putting a galley in the back with wire can-shelves and the like on the double doors. The galley will be cut off from the sleeping area.

It will need at least one bunk. Originally I wanted to cram several in there, but after our last trip, I see how much my son enjoys the cot and the new mummy bag, I think he and I will keep sleeping in the tent for now and the wife can share the trailer with the smaller two children. I figure the bunk will be as light as possible, like a cot, perhaps hung from the bars on the celing.

Somewhere along the line, I'll need to do something for a cealing, since Mrs Salivanto says that it's very noisy in there when it rains.
Amike salutas,
Thomas ALEXANDER
www.NightinGael.Net
Salivanto
Teardrop Advisor

window?

Postby BaerClaw » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:31 am

where did you find/get that side door window!?
BaerClaw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cary Winch » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Baerclaw,

That is a window unit he bought from us with the door kit. We have those windows available if interested. You know, you really are not that far from us. Maybe you could run over some day. Winona is about a 1 hour 45 minutes from us. Perhaps there are parts and stuff you may want to scrounge from our stock room?

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:06 pm

..an excelent offer, Cary....I would just LOVE to come "scrounge" around your stockroom and do a little pi-rooting myself :D ;) ....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby prohandyman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Now thats what I call a cargo conversion! Good job! :thumbsup:
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

cool

Postby BaerClaw » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:18 pm

thanks Cary

cool that would be perfect do you guys carry roof vents, and window drip caps too? these are thing i have been trying to find! what is the place called or is it a personal collection?

I take 90 to get home from school so i get pretty close.
BaerClaw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jay » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 am

looks quite practical & spacious.

why did you put the door on the "traffic" side? or is there a matching one going in on the "curb" side?
jay
Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 am

Baerclaw,

Roof vents we would have. Woudn't have the window roof caps though, we don't use them on our trailers.

This would be here at our teardrop factory, so since we have the parts on hand for building our units it makes it easy for the homebuilders with since we have the parts all in one place. If you are not familiar with our product go to:
tinycamper.com

If on 90 you are correct, we are very close then. The other things the homebuildes like about stopping by is just looking at them being built. The ideas help a bunch generally.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby pete.wilson » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Hey

Cary,

It's nice to see a manufacturer who is willing to help out a home builder and is willing to let the individual look through your stock and give a tour. Yeah maybe you can make a buck; but it's the service and the assistance that makes all the difference. Keep up the good work.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Cary Winch » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:35 am

One must remember to have fun with what one does also. That too is important. Thanks.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions