Found a great forum

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Found a great forum

Postby Carnivore » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 pm

Guys, I looked at the TD forum several months ago and moved on to look at hybrid trailers. I decided that hybrids or pop-ups were not what I wanted and have been looking at several different utility trailers and though I was the only one on the planet that though they should build / configure their own camping / dual sport trailer. I am glad to find your site and have already learned a lot. THANKS
Carnivore
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kankujoe » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:46 am

Welcome (back) to T&TTT.

What type of build do you have in mind? What will you be hauling? How many will be bunking in your trailer? What size trailer are you leaning toward?

There is tons of useful information in the threads of this site. And many helpful & nice people on this forum... Post your thoughts, ideas & questions... we all benefit from eachothers ideas.
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:49 pm

Welcome back... Converted utility trailers seem to be catching on.

Be sure to include lots of photos of your build.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Carnivore » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:38 pm

I am thinking 14-16 ft long and either 7' or 8.5' wide. I will be using it for hunting and occasional camping. The biggest usage will be as a sleeping / working quarters while working on a competition bbq cook off team.

We usually stay up 3 days with cat naps in lawn chairs under ez-ups. One of the team members has a pop up but it is more trouble than it is worth plus he can't transport much to the cook and we can only use it for naps, not food prep.

I am looking for used trailers but may have to go new. I plan on just using cots which can be folded up when space is needed for meat prep on occasions when it is raining or when it is very hot out.

I want to configure some type of shower and would like to put in some type of rv hot water heater.

I am considering quick connects on the exterior to feed one of those plastic or resin utility sinks outside the trailer with 5 gal bucket serving as drain.

I have been tossing a lot of ideas around but still some more knowledge before I start. Again,,, thanks for the welcome mat and info..
Carnivore
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions