tractor supply co. 4x8

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

tractor supply co. 4x8

Postby spadman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:46 pm

hey guys, i am wanting to start a teardrop project and i have a 4x8 with the angle iron side rails. is there anyway to make this trailer work for a tear? i am open to any idea. i am wanting to build a basic 4x8 tear, twinky shaped or even a 6x8 or 6x10 tear shaped trailer. i could build a flat or drop 6x8 or 6x10 floor if i am on the rail or a 4x8 floor on the stock trailer layout. HELP! :R
spadman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Loader » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Welcome to the playground Spadman.

Although I didn't use a TSC frame, many have; to include the 4x8 no floor. Here's a link about some of the more common frames used:

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... hlight=tsc
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby spadman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:00 pm

my trailer is much like the 4x8 that was pictured half way down the page. only difference is that i have the 1 foot tall angle iron side rails. if i build ON the rail, i can get as wide as 6 foot and 10 foot long but i would have a uch higher center of gravity. in the rails i would get a dinky box that would be much more affordable. if i cut the rails off, i will have to face the whold wheel well thing. :roll:
spadman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 am

If you are going that wide you are obviously going wheels under so just cut off the side rails flush. build up just enough to clear the stock fenders and then install your floor. When I did chubby I cut out the floor around the fenders and let them protrude thru but didn't like the little 1 1/2" boxes so I put down 2 layers of 3/4 foam cut out arouns them then sealed with spray foam just before installing a 7/16 floor over the fenders inside.
I now have an insulated floor and no lumps. Several pics in my album.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions