12x6 Haulmark

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

12x6 Haulmark

Postby Ripsaw » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 pm

I am a FNG to this site and first post. I just got my used 06 Haulmark 12x6 and started improvements for camping and dualsport riding immediately.
Then I found this site. This site is awesome! Now I want to do lots more to the trailer. I have insulated and put a shelf in the front. Got a Coleman dualfual stove and lantern. Ordered a Coleman Blackcat heater which I intend to attach to a 20# propane tank. Also, your standard issue camping gear.
I was camping on my motorcycle, but thats getting old. My last trip acoyote stole one one my boots in Death Valley. I had to ride a ways with one boot and one flipflop. Some Aussie gave me some old loafers, hell, they got me home.
Any other ideas for the trailer would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics soon.
Ripsaw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gerdo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Welcome. You will find lots of ideas on modifing your trailer. I'm sure you have already spent countless hours reading posts on Cargo Trailer Conversions.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: 12x6 Haulmark

Postby Benthosboy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Ripsaw wrote:I am a FNG to this site and first post. I just got my used 06 Haulmark 12x6 and started improvements for camping and dualsport riding immediately.
Then I found this site. This site is awesome! Now I want to do lots more to the trailer. I have insulated and put a shelf in the front. Got a Coleman dualfual stove and lantern. Ordered a Coleman Blackcat heater which I intend to attach to a 20# propane tank. Also, your standard issue camping gear.
I was camping on my motorcycle, but thats getting old. My last trip acoyote stole one one my boots in Death Valley. I had to ride a ways with one boot and one flipflop. Some Aussie gave me some old loafers, hell, they got me home.
Any other ideas for the trailer would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics soon.

Howdo Ripsaw.

My current project is constructing a tandem axle box trailer rigged out for expeditions carrying my scuba diving gear. Beloved has just bought her first motorcycle. It's only a 125 but she wants me to rig the trailer for carrying it :roll: I've just got the donor caravan stripped down to the chassis and after the holiday, fabricating will commence apace :thumbsup: and I'm always looking for handy hints ;) .

Martyn.
Once a wazzock, always a wazzock!!
Benthosboy
Teardrop Builder

Me Too!

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:02 am

Me Too!

Building a trailer for dive trips is also what I am doing. We do quite a few trips around Michigan each year and the motels we have stayed in leave a lot to be desired; probably because they are in the middle of nowhere and only get minimal tourist use. I finally thought that I would make my own little home away from home. I will have all my gear set up and stowed and lodging will just be much simpler. Plus I can make my own view.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"
Last edited by Nitroxjunkie71 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Re: Me Too!

Postby bobhenry » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am

[quote="Nitroxjunkie71"]Me Too!

Building a trailer for dive trips is also what I am doing. We do quite a few trips around Michigan each year and the motels we have stayed in leave a lot to be desired; probably because they are in the middle of nowhere and only get tourist use. I finally though that I would make my own little home away from home. I will have all my gear set up and stowed and lodging will just be much simpler. Plus I can make my own view.

NJ : I'm in Lafayette IN and I bought a double axle boat trailer real reasonable if you don't have a frame yet maybe we can talk. It's set up for surge brakes ( needs work) and has the tongue jack and decent tires. I towed it to my nephews to store it and it pulled real nice behind my Dodge Pickup. P.M. me if you are interested !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Better Wording

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:41 am

Thanks BH for the offer. I think I should have used better wording though :oops: . I am not actually building, I am converting. I bought a Cargo and am setting that up as my diving "TTT." Your frame sounds like a great starting point.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions