Cargo Trailer Build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Cargo Trailer Build

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 pm

After really thinking about my needs and desires, I've decided a cargo trailer is the way to go. The one drawback and hesitation is the height of a 6x12 or bigger. I probably would have taken the plunge with a toy hauler years ago had even the small trailers not been so wide and tall.

So......on to my question - does anyone know of a low profile cargo trailer? I guess what I would really like is a 5x8 height in a bigger size. My last and desperate measure would be making a 6x12 shorter.....and a popup....maybe even with hard sides hinged. Now that would be ideal. :D
Lloyd Christmas
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Michele » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 am

When I first started looking into getting a camping trailer, I decided that a cargo trailer was the way to go. I wanted a 6 X 12 trailer that would fit in the garage. The only way that I found to get one was to have it custom ordered. I was quoted a price of $2500. Then I would have the added expense of adding all the things I needed, wiring, AC, microwave. I decided it would be cheaper to just build one the size I wanted it. I'm almost done with mine and so far I have spent $700.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions