TongueBox

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby joecnc2006 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:49 am

Creamcracker wrote:
Sam I am wrote:Here is mine. A similar shape, but with the rear side flat might work with yours.Image

How is it hinged? at the top? at the bottom? it looks like there are some clips on the side....any closer shots....open/interior?
Philip

I see hinges, about 2 inches from bottom on front, looks like it opens to front.

joe
joecnc2006
Donating Member

Postby Sam I am » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:07 am

The box opens forward - hinged on the bottom.
The ears on the side are for the draw latches that hold it shut. The original plan was to have the box stood off from the trailer about 2" more, and have the latches on the back side, but I forgot about clearance for the crank on the tongue jack! Had to move the box back, and move the latches to the sides. It doesn't look quite as clean, but it works! The photo was taken before I attached the latch bodies to the box.
Sam I am
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 am

Sam I am you's looks alot like mine will look except at the top and will hinge in the same way. mine will be 1 foot taller. the box will be 1 foot high then the top will look like yours, ecept longer I think

Ron D. they all look nice.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions