New guy with plans...

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

New guy with plans...

Postby Ron_L » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Well, dreams, anyway :D

My wife and I recently purchase a 6 x 12 V-nose cargo trailer (RC Trailers) to use for BBQ competitions. We're planning on making it into a mini-toy hauler. Since I'm not particularly handy we ordered it with a ramp door, two sliding windows, an RV door with screen, rubber coin flooring and an awning on the curb side. When traveling it holds my smoker and all of our competition supplies (folding tables, chairs, cooking supplies, coolers, etc.). At the competition site the ramp door is supported by jack stands and becomes a platform for the smoker and I set up a 6 ft. table in the trailer for meat prep, etc. The rest of the stuff goes outside under the awning and a 10 x 10 EZ-up canopy. At night my wife has been sleeping in the trailer on an air mattress and I have been sleeping under the awning on a cot. Our long term plans call for adding fold down beds so we can both sleep inside, some sort of galley (and maybe eliminating the prep table) and some shelves or cabinets. I would also like to add some sort of canvas/screen to enclose the ramp door since it is open all night.

Any suggestions for sources for buying this type of stuff, or plans for building any of it would be a great help!

...ron
Ron_L
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions