It's alive....IT"S ALIVE!!!!!!!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

It's alive....IT"S ALIVE!!!!!!!

Postby The Blue Max » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 am

Finally the beast lives. The core and shell was picked up as planned and it rocks. Earlier this week, stereo, amp, speakers, CB, antennea's, inverter, second battery, additional 12volt plugs, Maxx Air Vents, fire extinguishers and other required nesssesities were installed and this weekend, dual folding twin mattresses go in, vinyl or laminate flooring and then coat/hat hangers, privacy curtain rod, etc. all go in.

Shortly after Christmas, chair rail, baseboards, crown molding and the walls all get painted. We are really excited and just jacked it's here & well under way....Deer season starts in 13 days not that I'm counting and elk later October.

More photo's coming as condions change and time allows.

:wine party:

Rain, snow, sleet or sun this trailer will rock!!

"Live life large with purpose and passion!!"

Cheers,

The Blue Max
The Blue Max
Teardrop Inspector

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 am

Darn shame. looks like you won't be able to stand in the cold to do your cooking during the hunt, sorry maybe next time... :lol:
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby sseaman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:58 pm

nice looking trailer.
sseaman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby The Blue Max » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 pm

That's what the 10'X10' 600 denier canopy is for with the same sidewalls and zipperd front door is for. That is my cookshack and lounge equipped with a 7 gallon propane tank, a Mr Heater Big Buddy and 1/3 bale of straw with chairs, table, etc..

It's going to be hell I know but some how, some way, I believe we'll get by. :Flippin Burger:

Cheers,

The Blue Max
The Blue Max
Teardrop Inspector

Postby cowboy63645 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 pm

I love it!! If I could find a cargo trailer cheap enough, that is EXACTLY what I would do. Are you just throwing an air mattress in the floor, or making drop down bunks? Great job and keep up the good work on it!!
cowboy63645
Teardrop Builder

Postby The Blue Max » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:46 am

Cowboy~

Mine is a 7' X 14' cargo that I added 12'' of height to and I had it fully insulated at the factory along with custom cabinets built out of high grade aluminum. The interior dimensions after all that are now 12' of interior length and 6'9'' of side-to-side space. Originally I was going to build out a queen bed in the rear that folded up against the wall when I either wanted more interior use for lounging or using the trailer for cargo use. The queen was too large at 6'8'' long and 5' wide. If we ran it length wise side to side in the trailer, there was not enough room for a XL Cot to open up or another twin bed built in the front with the cabinet doors opening. That all being said, I went with a twin mattress that is 6'2'' long and 3'3'' wide. We are building a folding bed on the RV door side out of 3/4 AC plywood and 2"x6" hinged legs. It will be hinged to the wall with a solid aluminum handle on the bottom for lifting then a matching gate latch at the top to hold it in place out of matching metal / aluminum. I am not too concerned with weight of the trailer as I am 6'2'' & 240 lbs and I built this to be a stout hauler & started with dual 3500 lb axels and have the horsepower and efficiencies to pull it. My Duramax is getting 24 HWY and 16+ towing depending my mood to throttle it up and get to where I’m going. It’s a maturity thing I’m sure but some things are just worth spending a couple of bucks on……there’s something to be said for slinging past SUV’s cresting an alpine mountain pass getting better mileage and doing the speed limit while under tow. 8)

I will have updated pictures of the electronics and bed around Monday of next week. The Stereo and speakers are amazing as is our power runs for everything.

Cheers to a great weekend and productive retrofitting!

Cheers,

The Blue Max
The Blue Max
Teardrop Inspector

Postby cowboy63645 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:50 pm

sounds like you have one heck of a plan! And I know exactly what you mean about blowing past the SUV crowd on the highway lol. I have a 99 F350 ext. cab long bed 4x4 7.3 turbo diesel with the 6 speed manual, with the added help of a DP tuner, a Garrett GTP38R turbo, and 4" exhaust from the turbo back to twin 6" stacks, hauling cattle loaded a little over 26K isnt a problem and I can do the speed limit while keeping 18+ MPG...its a wonderful thing lol. Keep us updated on the build, and definatly let me know when the new pictures are up, I am very interested in what your up to over there!! Keep up the good work!!!! :applause:
cowboy63645
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions