Plumbing help!!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Typically with the tank on it's side the the 1" and a 3/8" are on top of the end and two 3/8" on the bottom of the same end. 1" is the fill, the 3/8" above the waterline is the vent, and the two bottom 3/8" are the feed lines to be pumped from. Tanks like this are not usually used as pressure vessels. If you want to go pressure how about a well expansion tank, that way you won't need a pump because it has a bladder that stretches when you connect a hose and fill the tank.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby ARIZONA GUIDE » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:01 am

For pipe use wersbo or pex and you can buy shark bite fittings. I am sure they sale it all at home depot. The pipe comes in a roll and is flexable. I am a plumber and use both the pipe and the fittings all the time. I use the shark bites for repairs. I have a mixture of the fitting in my camptrailer box incase i spring a plumbing leak while on the road or camping. The key is to strap your pipes in place so they do not jiggle around. They sale the pumps at home depot for not very much. Then you should be able to use a no burst flex suply line to conect from the tank to the pump And then the same thing from the pump to the pex pipe. The thing about shark bite fittings is you can go from pex to coper if you need to.
ARIZONA GUIDE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ARIZONA GUIDE » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:46 pm

just go to home depot and buy some rubber hose that fit it use a small hose clamp to hook it to the tank. that would work for both ports. Go to the RV section and see if they have the part that goes on the wall to the outside for this aplication. hook the same way on this end also. all rvs have this method. run buy an rv dealership and take a look at it also.
ARIZONA GUIDE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ARIZONA GUIDE » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:35 am

To hard to explain. Try and find someone with an RV that you can see how they run. The drain line can go out the bottom of the trailer with some sort of shut off valve Or you can drill a hole in the side of you trailer and buy some sort of shut off valve to mount to the side. There is a peice made that you can buy at an rv shop for the fill valve. It will have a lid that screws on to the port for filling the tank. There is just a larger than the hose open hole that take the water through the tube between the port to the tank. clamp on bothe ends. Then there will be a small port just above that on the same peice that will bee the vent tube for the tank. hook with hose clamps to both ends just like the other one. then you should only have one port left on the tank that will be the port you run to the plumbing in the trailer. You will have to cut a hole in the side of your trailer about three inches round for the peice sold at the rv shop. I guess you could mount the same fill port into the cabnet holding the tank right next to the door going into the trailer and not have to cut into the trailer.
Just remember when cutting into the trailer side that you run a good bead of caulking under neath the aplication then also a bead around the edge for the best seal.

I hope i am reading your question right and helping in some way. I wish i could find a photo of how it hooks up and send you a link, But i am sure you have also tryed to find a photo of it or you would not be asking.
ARIZONA GUIDE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions