Hickory Springs folding beds??

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Hickory Springs folding beds??

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:47 am

Does anyone have any experience with these? http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/display.php?product_id=2580 A little more pricey than me making a custom-wood folding frame, but looks very convenient, doesn't take up much space, and very comfortable without using a bunch of wood and hinges. And its NOT that much more than supplies, much less the labor.

I googled the name, and it appears they are used by some manufacturers in some of the full-on travel trailers and fifth wheels. I'm wondering if the full might be the cat's meow in a 6X12 cargo.

It almost seems like one of those "too good to be true." Springs instead of wood. Only 8-inches wide folded up on the wall! :shock:

A comfortable bed is top priority in my cargo conversion, while still leaving space for some small conveniences and comforts.

Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Umm: Scratch that idea I guess. Upon further review, that place wants $283 for ups shipping to Utah on that thing! :shock: :shock:

Not gonna happen. Anyone with other ideas for a similar contraption?
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Ageless » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:58 pm

The Murphy bed comes to mind.
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions