PROGRESS ON MY 7x14 CARGO WITH PICS

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

PROGRESS ON MY 7x14 CARGO WITH PICS

Postby chukar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Here is a link to my newbee post a couple months ago:

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

CARGO CAMPER/TOYHAULER BUILD

My wife and I have dry camped for over 30 years (about 15 of those with our kids) starting under the stars; then tents; 3-pop-ups and now the cargo conversion (although our first run is yet to come).

Below is a list of my mods (with pics below) done to our 2010 7X14 Carry-on Cargo trailer in the order I performed them (as best as I can recollect). It is still a work in progress….

1) PAINT: I used Thompson’s water seal in Cedar color on the walls. I painted the floor with Grey Porch paint.
2) TIE DOWNS: I removed the stock “tie downsâ€
Last edited by chukar on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chukar
Donating Member

MORE PICS

Postby chukar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Pics continue:

Counter in place with sink; testing the Colman Hot Water and starting Cabinet design.

Cab frame work under construction.

Cabs 90% This pic show the big Buddy Heater and both plumbing units.

Preparing for AC unit.

AC....errr fantastic fan I mean

Cabs Luan ceiling Stereo and Electric complete

Counter Top is lino remnant I got for $30; If we cut it there is plenty left to make another.

Elec. Master Switch in reach of door (can leave light(s) switched and turn on with master).

Air Bed Frame in case

Air Bed Frame set up with Queen Air-bed inside. Can set lengthwise (as shown) or across....will have to see which way we want it. It only takes a couple mins to set up with the self-inflating air-bed.

That's all for now folks! Still a lot left to do......
chukar
Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

You've made a ton of progress! Looking great. I like your front cabinet layout, seems like everything you need it right there nice and handy :thumbsup:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 8ball_99 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am

Looking good. Those salvaged cabinet look like they were made for it. I'm building a 6x14" make shift toyhauler myself. It will be used to haul a RZR and to camp in once the RZR is out. I went with the same AC, um I mean fantastic fan as you lol. Mine is a little different though. Im doing a front bathroom. I didn't mind the tent but I'm ready to be able to wash off after a long day on the trail before getting into bed..
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby dsmith » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 am

I love the Frame and panel look for the side walls!!!
dsmith
Teardrop Builder

Postby mdvaden » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:36 am

Looks very nice.

Sharp galley area.

Those little heaters sure pump the heat out, that's for sure.

:thumbsup:
mdvaden
Teardrop Master

Postby rapalapaul » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Ok just looked on ebay for the coleman ondemand water heater. It says its for out door use only! so do u just crack a vent when u run it? they also have a shower head for it. Do u think it will work good enought to shower with? I have a 7x14 that I want to do a cheap simple conversion like urs.
rapalapaul
Teardrop Inspector

Postby chukar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 pm

rapalapaul wrote:Ok just looked on ebay for the coleman ondemand water heater. It says its for out door use only! so do u just crack a vent when u run it? they also have a shower head for it. Do u think it will work good enought to shower with? I have a 7x14 that I want to do a cheap simple conversion like urs.

It only uses the heater/gas if you use hot water and even then the only time you can smell it a very little is on ignition. We do crack one window and the top vent for it as well as when we use the big buddy heater...the on-demand uses very little gas as only runs when you are using hot water. We just replaced the first propane bottle on it and the wife uses a LOT of hot water(lasted for 3-1 week camping trips). We have used the shower attachment a lot for rinsing dishes but only a few times for showers. Do not expect a lot of pressure for showers but it puts out nice hot water and stays hot as long as you want to shower. Being portable we just take it outside for showers...we usually have no neighbors but if we do we throw up a privacy tarp btw the Cargo and the Landcruiser.

The beauty of the setup is NO PLUMBING to winterize or maintain!! We have 2-7 gallon walmart blue containers under the sink that we exchange when one is empty and a gray water container under the Cargo that we run a hose to thru a hole in the floor.

The potty is a port-a-potty which lasts a week when using for #2 only.
chukar
Donating Member

Postby rapalapaul » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for ur reply I just found one on CL I a tryn to buy along with a 2 burner coleman stove. I have a 7x14 interstate but its a single axle and want to keep the weight down. What model fantastic fan do u have and where did u get it. I seen some fans up to $200
rapalapaul
Teardrop Inspector

Postby d30gaijin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Chukar,

Hot damn that looks great!!!

Nice progress and nice work. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to get back in the saddle again and get going on completing my conversion.

Please keep the pics coming as I can use all the ideas I can get, and you've got some great ideas!

Don
d30gaijin
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions