New Wells Cargo ordered from the factory

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

New Wells Cargo ordered from the factory

Postby nickelmania » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Been lurking here for awhile. Always enjoy everyone's post. Stayed up untill 2am reading this forum the other night.

About two weeks ago I ordered a Wells Cargo Trailer for our business. Had to custom order it as we need extra height. Ordered an 7X12 V front. Added a few options....AC, Heat, cabinets, florecent lights,electrical outlets, work bench, overhead cabinets(for V area) Diamond plated floors and a few other options.

I orginally bought this trailer for work only but after reading this forum, I am taking it camping with the wife and kids. Any thoughts on any other options before I pick her up? I could probably ad any option as they have just started building the trailer.

Thanks again for all the good post and advice!
Nickel
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Maybe a window? Insulation? RV style door latch?
Jack
SmilinJack
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nickelmania » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks SmilinJack. I do have th RV style door latch but not the insulation or window. We are in Texas and it does get hot. The Wells Cargo people tells me the 13500 BTU Roof Mount will freeze me out even without insulation. Hope he is right.
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby michiganflipper » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 am

Congrats on the new trailer
michiganflipper
Teardrop Master

Postby 8ball_99 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 am

I would still insulate it.. You might not always have power. Or even just when it sits parked out side it will be VERY hot inside without any insulation.. Atleast on the roof. They also make some stuff called thermaply (SP?) that goes betwen the room metal and the roof supports.. It helps reflect heat.
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby nickelmania » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:01 am

michiganflipper wrote:Congrats on the new trailer

thank you!
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby nickelmania » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:03 am

8ball_99 wrote:I would still insulate it.. You might not always have power. Or even just when it sits parked out side it will be VERY hot inside without any insulation.. Atleast on the roof. They also make some stuff called thermaply (SP?) that goes betwen the room metal and the roof supports.. It helps reflect heat.

Good thoughts 8ball. I wonder how much for the insulation to be added at the factory. I will have to call them.
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby 8ball_99 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm

nickelmania wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:I would still insulate it.. You might not always have power. Or even just when it sits parked out side it will be VERY hot inside without any insulation.. Atleast on the roof. They also make some stuff called thermaply (SP?) that goes betwen the room metal and the roof supports.. It helps reflect heat.

Good thoughts 8ball. I wonder how much for the insulation to be added at the factory. I will have to call them.

Should be 2-400ish Or you can do it your self. I had my Freedom insulated at the factory but ended up removing all the panels to run wires anyway.. I also fixed their insulation job since they missed a few spots here and there.. Maybe wells cargo will do a better job of it..
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby nickelmania » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:31 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
nickelmania wrote:

Should be 2-400ish Or you can do it your self. I had my Freedom insulated at the factory but ended up removing all the panels to run wires anyway.. I also fixed their insulation job since they missed a few spots here and there.. Maybe wells cargo will do a better job of it..

I called Wells Cargo people about the insulation. They are getting back to me with a price. Do you think the 200.00 to 400.00 includes sides and top? I will ad the insulation in a heartbeat if I can get it for that price.
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby michiganflipper » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

I isolated my 6x12 for arounnd 50.00 and also going to coat the roof this weekend with kool seal
michiganflipper
Teardrop Master

Postby nickelmania » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:48 pm

I heard back from the Wells Cargo Rep. They want $412.00 to insulate the trailer. $177.00 for the walls and $235.00 for the ceiling. Hopefully they will do a good job.

Also, they said they would send pics from the factory soon. I told them I would upload up to a forum. For some reason my other photos wont upload on this forum. Says there too big or something??
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby 8ball_99 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 am

412 isn't to bad. Letting them know you are on a active forum and want to post pictures will probably help to make sure they do a good job! I paid around 300 for freedom to insulate my 6x14. They didn't do a very good job of it.. I complained to my dealer and got contact information for the factory.. Sent them a not so happy email with pictures and they offered to pickup the trailer at my dealer and fix it or refund what I paid for insulation.. I just took the 300 dollar refund and spent 20-30 bucks to fill the gaps. So it worked out. Just added more work to my conversion..

You can resize them.. Make them smaller so you can upload them to the forum. Or you can just go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account Then you dont have to resize them.. Photobucket is also good for sharing photo's with family members..
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby Curtis in Texas » Sat May 01, 2010 8:36 am

Hey Nickel, I live up a little Northwest of Fort Worth.
What part of Texas are you in? I'd love to swing by once you get going and check out your build in person.

I've got a 16 footer I'm going to get started on one of these days.

BTY, many years ago I worked in the Mobile Home / Camper industry.
So this stuff is small scale to me! ;) So if you need some help, I have welders, saws and tool stuff you may not have.

Curtis
Curtis in Texas
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nickelmania » Sat May 01, 2010 9:31 am

8ball_99 wrote:412 isn't to bad. Letting them know you are on a active forum and want to post pictures will probably help to make sure they do a good job! I paid around 300 for freedom to insulate my 6x14. They didn't do a very good job of it.. I complained to my dealer and got contact information for the factory.. Sent them a not so happy email with pictures and they offered to pickup the trailer at my dealer and fix it or refund what I paid for insulation.. I just took the 300 dollar refund and spent 20-30 bucks to fill the gaps. So it worked out. Just added more work to my conversion..

You can resize them.. Make them smaller so you can upload them to the forum. Or you can just go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account Then you dont have to resize them.. Photobucket is also good for sharing photo's with family members..

8ball...Thanks for encouraging me to move forward with the insulation. I am glad I ordered before they got the plywood up.
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Postby nickelmania » Sat May 01, 2010 9:39 am

Curtis in Texas wrote:Hey Nickel, I live up a little Northwest of Fort Worth.
What part of Texas are you in? I'd love to swing by once you get going and check out your build in person.

I've got a 16 footer I'm going to get started on one of these days.

BTY, many years ago I worked in the Mobile Home / Camper industry.
So this stuff is small scale to me! ;) So if you need some help, I have welders, saws and tool stuff you may not have.

Curtis

Curtis, I live in Plano just north of Dallas. Our business is in Carrollton. Just google the name and you will find us. Been around along time. Your more than welcome to check out the trailer when it arrives from the Wells Cargo factory in Waco, TX. I may also want to hire you (If you have time) to make adjustments to my trailer.
nickelmania
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions