12 volt TV

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

12 volt TV

Postby jwhite » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm

I had originally bought a 12 volt /110 AC - HDTV DVD player off Ebay and when it arrived it would not play the DVD so the company gave me a refund,I then bought a used TV from someone off of Craigs list and it worked great but now it has quit working.
So I need to buy another TV and wonder now if I should just go to Walmart and buy a new one or look again on Ebay for another 12-volt /AC TV?
I thought I read that the the 12 volt tv's are made for travel and can handle the bumps and bouncing of road travel better?
I know that the built in 12-volt feature is nice but they are are twice the cost of a regular TV and I plan to use a honda generator when I travel so I am not sure if I would use the 12 volt feature that much?
I will say that I bought a rockford fosgate CD/DVD player off Ebay and it plugs into the TV and it sounds GREAT it came with a remote control that will control the sound up to about 30 yards away?
and with 4 speakers it sounds as good as my suround sound I have in the house.Image
jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby parnold » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 pm

If you rarely plan on using 12v, go with the 110. You could always get a small 12v unit for the rare times when you don't have access to 110.

I just got a small tv/dvd/mp3 player for 120.00 on amazon.

I will more often not have 110. I also don't care much about watching movies or tv, it's mostly a backup for crappy weather.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby deceiver » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 am

If you have a laptop it will probably play DVD's. If you want to get tv reception and you have a laptop then an elgato tuner for it works nicely.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions