Great Push-Pull fan

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Great Push-Pull fan

Postby ronaldo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Great Push-Pull fan at Ebay, 12V 80 Watt, 12 inch fan, reversible. Draws nearly 7 amps at 1550 CFM full blast and noisy :lol: . Can probably be slowed down with a PWM controller, and make it draw much less than 1 amp and stay quiet. Just a nice breeze after an initial kick start to make fan spin and then pwm ...
ronaldo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby theycallmemorris » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:01 am

Is that the one with the curved blades? If so, that's the one I just ordered to use for cooling my generator enclosure. I hooked it up the other day, and it definately isn't quiet. But with having it mounted on the generator, I don't think that'll be a problem... Yes it is a push pull fan by switching the polarity, but because of the blade design, that doesn't work so good. I hooked it up both ways and you get about 3 times the air flow one way opposed to the other.
theycallmemorris
Teardrop Inspector

This one on EBAY...

Postby ronaldo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 am

ronaldo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby theycallmemorris » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 am

That one in your link should work the same either way it's blowing. The one I got is the same power and makes a bit of noise, so that'd be the only concern. Here's the link to the one I got. I was just looking at it and it looks like you could unbolt the blades and flip them over if you were wanting to switch the polarities to have it blow the same power the other direction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Unive ... ccessories
theycallmemorris
Teardrop Inspector

WOWWWW

Postby ronaldo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 am

WOWWW..... Thats a much cheaper!! fan than what I found.. LOL how you do it.. lol

:lol: I will buy a 12 inch fan and modify a PCB circuit I designed and use a PIC microcontroller with PWM to control a 12V fan with different duty cycles and test to determine if it is workable..
ronaldo
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions