Cephus Office/Camper Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Cephus Office/Camper Conversion

Postby Cephus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:22 pm

You guys have all inspired me to go the extra mile. I was going to build a small cabin home office in my backyard when I came across an article online about a guy who converted a 5X8 low roof trailer into an office. My wife convinced me to go this route even though it will cost more because when we move from this house she wants me to take it with us. I started to look online for other people who had done office conversions and couldn't find any. The sight that kept popping up is this one. Funny thing is I was planning on purchasing a travel trailer in the future but you guys just solved my dilemna and saved me some money in the process. I just purchased a 2001 DooLittle 6X12 with barn doors and side door for $1800. It will be used mostly as a home office but will be my camper as well. So far the plan is to add folding bunkbeds on the drivers side so I still have room to haul cargo, counter top on front with a sink, coleman 2 place gas stove, refer on the floor middle, overhead cabinets with small microwave and small retractable window ac unit.. I'm in the process of taking down the plywood walls right now and will add 120v electrical lines plus additional 12 volt lines and insulation. What insulation rating do you guys recommend for someone in the midwest Kansas City area? A fresh water tank will be installed and gray water tank as well. I'm following every thread on this site for CT Conversions and learning something new each day. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will get them up for you guys to see. I bought my sink already, 12X15 stainless steel with faucets for $15. If you have a Habitat Restore location near you, I recommend checking it out. Thats how I found my sink, they even have used counter tops from $2.50 to $10 depending on size and condition. I'm going that route and use a stain for laminates available at Lowes for $20. I will listen to each and every idea that is given then go from there. Thank you for having a great place people to share ideas and showcase their workmanship. Blessings! 8) [/img]
Cephus
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions